Discussion topic: why is Channel 415 showing channel 409

This message was authored by Dave1889 This message was authored by: Dave1889

why is Channel 415 showing channel 409

I live in Sheffield and from 10.30 this morning channel 415 (Sky Sports Racing)has been showing programmes for channel 409 (Sky Sports News)

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: why is Channel 415 showing channel 409

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dave1889 wrote:

There is supposed to be live racing being shown, horse racing from France and greyhound racing from Sheffield so its nothing to do with simulcast

@Dave1889  Are you sure sky sports racing has the rights to those events? 

where have you seen them advertised 

edit I've identified what you are referring too all I can think of is there has been a schedule change 

you might want to ask the question directly to sky by sending an email to viewer relations 

viewerr@sky.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Dave1889  Because it sometimes simulcasts sky sports news whilst there is no live racing coverage 

your location makes no difference in this instance 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

Dave1889
Topic Author

There is supposed to be live racing being shown, horse racing from France and greyhound racing from Sheffield so its nothing to do with simulcast

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Dave1889 wrote:

@Dave1889  Are you sure sky sports racing has the rights to those events? 

where have you seen them advertised 

edit I've identified what you are referring too all I can think of is there has been a schedule change 

you might want to ask the question directly to sky by sending an email to viewer relations 

viewerr@sky.uk

Dave1889
Topic Author

Yes sky sports racing show French racing every day and all greyhound meetings from sheffield on either channel 415 or the red button on 415, the red button also seems to not be working. The channel was showing scheduled programmes until 10.30 but after the Bowenv Cobden programme and adverts it seemed to switch to sky sports news rather than the scheduled international racing programme that was scheduled

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Dave1889  See my edit in post 4 above 

Dave1889
Topic Author

Thanks for your help, will do

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion