Discussion topic: a womans voice comes on when I turn my TV on and when I change the sound I want to delete it

This message was authored by SHARP-D8 This message was authored by: SHARP-D8

a womans voice comes on when I turn my TV on and when I change the sound I want to delete it

When I  tirn on a womans vioice speaks and talks while I am looking for programs and when I alter the sound I want to delete it

All Replies

SHARP-D8
Topic Author
This message was authored by SHARP-D8 This message was authored by: SHARP-D8

Re: a womans voice comes on when I turn my TV on and when I change the sound I want to delete it

you are not answering my query

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: a womans voice comes on when I turn my TV on and when I change the sound I want to delete it

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you got audio description turned on, press the help button and then the right arrow button to off then press Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@SHARP-D8  You need to be aware this is a customer helps customer forum and replies from fellow customers are not immediate.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SHARP-D8 

I'd also suggest checking to see if you've inadvertently activated an Accessibility setting on your television set (you'd probably need to use the TVs own remote to access its settings).

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

@caesarome wrote:

Have you got audio description turned on

To turn Audio Desxription on/off follow these steps, taken from this site.

Sky+

• Press the Services button on your Sky+ remote.

• Press the left or right arrow to toggle audio description On or Off, then press Select to save the setting.

• Press Back Up to close the menu.

If you recorded a show with AD on Sky+, it’ll be included and can’t be turned off in that recording.

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@SHARP-D8 

I'd also suggest checking to see if you've inadvertently activated an Accessibility setting on your television set (you'd probably need to use the TVs own remote to access its settings).

@SHARP-D8  I think @TimmyBGood is correct in that it's a setting on your tv not your sky box that needs changing especially if it's speaking when changing volume as I don't think sky boxes speak when changing volume 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion