Discussion topic: Why is sky nature asking for pin number and not a recording & its only 6.30pm

This message was authored by Chloe-louise This message was authored by: Chloe-louise

Why is sky nature asking for pin number and not a recording & its only 6.30pm

Why is sky nature asking for my pin number & its only 6.30pm & its not a recording. Normal sky tv

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Why is sky nature asking for pin number and not a recording & its only 6.30pm

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe-louise  If you are watching age restricted content pre watershed then it'll always ask for the pin regardless of your settings, some programs on nature have rating of 12 which would require pin before 9pm

it's an ofcom regulation requirement that Sky must adhere to and cannot be override by sky or the customer

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/mandatory-daytime-protection#M1014

certain channels like Sky Atlantic and Sky Comedy are taking advantage of a rule change that allows them to broadcast age restricted content pre watershed providing they apply Mandatory daytime protection , that cannot be overridden by the the customer , it seems that Sky have decided to apply this rule to each individual program that the rules apply to rather than the channel, so this means that if you have entered the pin to access the channel and the following program is also age restricted you will be asked to enter the pin again when that program starts even though you are already on the channel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Why is sky nature asking for pin number and not a recording & its only 6.30pm

Is the programme rated PG? or a rating that requires a PIN at this time?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Annie+UK wrote:

Is the programme rated PG? or a rating that requires a PIN at this time?

@Annie+UK  Just checked myself it's 12 which would require it, it does seem odd for a channel like nature to have ratings. But I guess if the program requires it then so be it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion