Discussion topic: What is Technical Fault - 11 (272)?

This message was authored by BR0NS0N This message was authored by: BR0NS0N

What is Technical Fault - 11 (272)?

Hi I can't download from Catch Up or Box Sets on Sky + . The message I get is:

"Failed Rec: Technical Fault - 11 (272) ". How can I fix this?

I have tried unplugging & disconnecting. Have also permanently deleted the failed recordings.  Any other ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: What is Technical Fault - 11 (272)?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does this affect all channels? If so you may be one of those affected by the issue raised here: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/On-demand-download-failure-Sky-on-2-boxes/td-p/4218170/jump-to/firs...

BR0NS0N
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply. This relates to Sky Atlantic re The Last of Us. I read that thread but I didn't see this specific error message so hoped mine might be a problem with an actual solution. Oh well.
I think I might ditch Sky if they can't be bothered to sort it. They have plenty of competition now. I won't upgrade with a company that is arrogant towards its customers.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

On the chance that it's unrelated, you could try rebuilding your Planner which fixes all manner of odd faults: https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-plus/sky-plus-watching-sky-tv/sky-plus-recordings/articl...

However I have a vague recollection that TF11(272) is broadband service provider related.

This message was authored by Kayelaina This message was authored by: Kayelaina

@BR0NS0N , looks like it could be the same issue some of us have been having since end of January.  The message changed from item unavaliable to Technical Fault 11 (272) around the end of March.   I guess Sky did something their end but the issue was not resolved.  Just a change in the error message. I think the info is on page 26 of the link regarding download failures @Mark39 copied to this thread.

BR0NS0N
Topic Author

Thanks Mark for your suggestion. I tried the rebuild and it did not work.

Very disappointing that a lot of customers appear to have this problem and Sky are pretty much ignoring it to force customers to upgrade. The days of Sky dominating the market are gone and there is better value to be found elsewhere.

BR0NS0N
Topic Author

Thanks Kayelaina for drawing my attention to this.

This message was authored by Ccdb This message was authored by: Ccdb

Did you fix this I am having the same problem 

This message was authored by PocketDog This message was authored by: PocketDog

Many of us still have this issue and Sky have failed to fix it for over 6 months now. 

You can probably get around the issue by changing your router, or using a different internet connection for your downloads, but dont expect anything from Sky to help you. 

This message was authored by kimbad This message was authored by: kimbad

I have been chasing this issue for several months now. I refused to update my router, as suggested, as there is nothing wrong with it for anything else.

I did however notice that there was an outstanding update available for the router firmware that detailed it included a GDPR update. I did the update and all is now working. I can download from Sky catchup channels that I haven't been able to do for months. 

This message was authored by Ridefast0 This message was authored by: Ridefast0

Thanks @kimbad, updating the router software fixed it for me too!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion