Discussion topic: Viewing card

This message was authored by Chiara3 This message was authored by: Chiara3

Viewing card

I'm getting a message saying- Your viewing card is no longer active.  If you've requested a replacement viewing card please insert your new viewing card as soon as it arrives. 
Ive not requested a new card. Ive switched off and on again, removed card and cleaned it but still getting error message.  Any help would be great. Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Viewing card

Posted by a Sky employee

UPDATE - After troubleshooting on a private chat the issue was resolved by swapping and re-pairing the card

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Do you have a Sky subscription? Have you upgraded to Sky Q or Sky Glass?

Chiara3
Topic Author

Hi thank you for getting back to me.  I do have a Sky subscription but I haven't made any changes to it at all. 

Best to speak to Sky, then, I think. If you wish I can highlight ypur post to them to see if one of the Community advisers can help you via an online chat, or you could give them a ring.

Chiara3
Topic Author

Yes please I would very much appreciate it if you could highlight the message for me. 
if I don't get a response I will phone them later on. 
Once again, thank you for your help 😊

Ok, I've flagged your post to Sky. Look out during the afternoon for a blue chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page and an email or private message inviting you to chat online

Chiara3
Topic Author

I will do thank you! 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

UPDATE - After troubleshooting on a private chat the issue was resolved by swapping and re-pairing the card

This message was authored by Lennyx This message was authored by: Lennyx

Hi Lisa

I am clutching at straws here. I see you are a member of the Sky Tech Team , which is the nearest i have got to speaking with anyone connected with Sky. I have got Sky HD and  6 months ago I changed my mind and cancelled the installation to have  SkyQ . I never received a new veiwing card and I never thought I was going to have any problems until now. .I have only just realised that there is a new viewing card number in my account,  My current viewing card which I had been using up to today is now not recognised by Sky and and also I cant pair the old and new numbers because it doesnt recognise the old card number. How do I get a new card?? All the telephone numbers I have found for Sky are all automated and i can find no where to get a new card. Someone told they were able to get a new card by contacting  Tech Support but i cant find any telephone number to phone them. Can you help??

Lennyx

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Lennyx wrote:

I have got Sky HD and  6 months ago I changed my mind and cancelled the installation to have  SkyQ 

When you order Sky Q a new viewing card is issued and the one you have would be cancelled, clearly the cancellation of your card didn't take place straight away in your case. As you were never sent a new card yyou will have to get in tiuch with Sky so when calling say technical if asked why you are calling. There is no direct number to the tech team as all calls go via the same menu system.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by b0nn1e This message was authored by: b0nn1e

my viewing card has ejected and I can't reinsert it

What's happening when you try?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@b0nn1e wrote:

my viewing card has ejected and I can't reinsert it

The viewing card does not have an eject mechanism, you have to phyically pull the card out yourself, so I'm not sure what you mean 😞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion