Discussion topic: No signal sky +

This message was authored by Cherisep This message was authored by: Cherisep

No signal sky +

Hi all,

I have sky+ and yesterday the weather was pretty rubbish rain and wind, in the afternoon around 3pm I got the message no satellite signal being received and I thought it was due to the weather, tried unplugging and turning off the sky box several times no luck so I thought I would leave it until this morning in the hopes that it would work, and still no luck, I have 

C.p

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No signal sky +

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If the bad weather has receded, it's possible that the wind yesterday has moved your dish. The best thing to do is give Sky a call to book an engineer who will be able to pinpoint the fault.

Cherisep
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice,

dish may have possibly moved but it's on the side of the building and a communal areal and no one else seems to be having any issues. I think it may be a connecter or box problem as my planner and on demand isn't available either. It's just saying the box is initialising and to return later. As for an engineer to come out, it's New Year's Day so I doubt they will come today plus I cannot afford the call out charge. So I'm kind of stuck 

C.p
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

The box will be unable to initialise if it's not receiving a signal from the dish. Your landlord or their managing agent is responsible for the satellite signal to your flat, so it's them you'll need to contact, rather than Sky.

You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the dish cables at the back of your Sky box to see if they're the problem.  Check that the connectors are still properly fitted to the cables. Turn the box off at the plug before doing that.

If your Sky box is connected via flyleads to a socket on the wall, you could try replacing the flyleads yourself - they're available to buy online via Amazon etc.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Communal dishes are not supported by Sky, you need to contact your buildings management/landlord to have a dish issue resolved

Cherisep
Topic Author

Ok thanks all for the advise 

C.p

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion