Discussion topic: Unable to access on demand on sky+

This message was authored by gullsfan This message was authored by: gullsfan

Unable to access on demand on sky+

Just upgraded broadband on BT - I have sky + box in lounge amd Multi room (extra sky + box in bedroom) - I can connect to on demand service in lounge via my Smart Hub 2 (sky + box has built in wi fi)

However I am now unable to access the on demand service on the multiroom box. This doesnt have built in wifi. Both white lights are shown on the sky wifi connector box. Network screen on sky shows connected to broadband but fail on connection to on demand. My smart hub 2 manager also shows the sky box as being connected.

I've tried all the suggested fixes. Switching on off, planner rebuild etc etc  to no avail, so at a loss as to what to try next. Is it worth contacting sky? Basically if I cant get the on demand service to work it seems pointless paying for the multiroom. Think the upstairs sky + box is fairly ancient, an old pace one I think. Ay sggstions would be welcome.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Unable to access on demand on sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try:

1. Turn off both your Multiscreen box and your BT Hub off at the plug

2. Unplug the Mini connector

3. After 30 seconds or so turn your Hub back on

4. After another 4 minutes turn on the Multiscreen box

5. Once the box has fully restarted, reconnect the Mini connector

6. Press the WPS button on the Mini Connector and within 30 seconds the WPS button on the Hub and see if they connect.

gullsfan
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried this without sucess but will try again tomorrow.

gullsfan
Topic Author

Tried again - unsuccessful. The hub connects to the on demand box without problem but fails to connect to the on demand service.

Looking at several other threads on this matter it appears that sky do not have a solution?

Extremely frustrating.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion