Discussion topic: Sky+HD box powers up but unresponsive.

This message was authored by Motspur This message was authored by: Motspur

Sky+HD box powers up but unresponsive.

My Sky+HD box was working fine last night but this AM after Power-up, nothing. I know the screen functions because I can see Freeview etc. I tried powering-Off at the wall, waiting 5 minutes and restarting but no  difference.

Best Answers
Motspur
Topic Author
This message was authored by Motspur This message was authored by: Motspur Answer

Re: Sky+HD box powers up but unresponsive.

No. So, I just went to try such but, immediately on powering-up, the screen displayed the Sky Intro ! Presumably, I'm out of the woods ? Bloomin' strange though - I'd like to thank and the others for the Help and will now attempt [ gulp ] to mark this Issue as answered.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you clarify unresponsive?

Have you tried controlling the box with the buttons on the top of the box?

Motspur
Topic Author

Hello and thanks for your interest. Once the TV and box are powered on, the screen is blank [ grey ] except for the word Sky in the top left corner - such being provided by my TV AV-input setting, yes ?

Whatever I select on my Remote doesn't shift it nor did the coupla buttons that I tried on top of the Sky+HD box itself and, as I mentioned, I also tried a re-Boot.

PS: I'm new to these Fora and had no notion of Tagging you, sorry.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you tried pressing the big Sky button on your remote as it sounds like it is your TV that is the issue as it is not displaying the picture from your box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Motspur
Topic Author

Please note that I mis-understood the purpose of the Mark-as-Answer button - my problem is far from being resolved. Further, I just tried that Tag-thing and obviously don't understand that either - sorry !

I know that the screen is working [ it displays "Sky" and I can watch Freeview ] but I tried the larger Sky button on the Remote several times to no avail.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you tried pressing the TV button on the Sky remote and then the help and keep pressing the help button one as it should the cycle through all the available channels. If it finds the Sky one press the Sky button.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Motspur basics first: when you bring the box out of standby, does the power LED on the front panel change from amber to green (or red to green)?

Motspur
Topic Author

Yes. I also watch carefully to see that subsequent Instructions are acknowledged by an adjacent light-flash on the box-front. Plus, it occurred  to me just now to check the cables and they're all firmly seated.

Motspur
Topic Author
This message was authored by Motspur This message was authored by: Motspur Answer

No. So, I just went to try such but, immediately on powering-up, the screen displayed the Sky Intro ! Presumably, I'm out of the woods ? Bloomin' strange though - I'd like to thank and the others for the Help and will now attempt [ gulp ] to mark this Issue as answered.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Sounds like a problem with the HDMI output (I assume the box is connected via HDMI cable to your TV). Try a different HDMI port on your TV, Also try disconnecting the HDMI cable at both ends, swapping the ends over and reconnecting it (make sure the box and TV are both in standby when you do it). If you still have no joy, try a replacement HDMI cable.

Motspur
Topic Author

Thanks for that Mark but, per my Posting of a few minutes ago, the problem seems to have resolved itself but thanks to you and the rest.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion