Discussion topic: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

This message was authored by michaelsky31 This message was authored by: michaelsky31

Re: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

Last night my Sky+ box seemed to loose its connection to the internet/router. The wifi is working, as my phone and devices are connected and working fine. I tried to reconnect by using the WPS key which told me there was an error (no code given) and I also tried connecting via the password on the router, again, failed message but no code given. I have tried resetting the router and switching everything off and back on but it still will not connect. Anyone had this and resolved? My Sky+ box is wireless, so I do not have one of the small boxes for on demand. Thanks

This message was authored by Shannap This message was authored by: Shannap

Only finally got connected today demand never worked, now the sky Q box won't connect to the internet and I have tried everything on the thread I'm getting very annoyed 😡

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shannap wrote:

Only finally got connected today demand never worked, now the sky Q box won't connect to the internet and I have tried everything on the thread I'm getting very annoyed 😡

As you have Sky Q, better to post in this forum: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/bd-p/skyq

This message was authored by Timbers42 This message was authored by: Timbers42

I just upgraded my Sky Router to the Orbi Mesh System, and had countless hours trying to get the Sky box to connect to the WiFi. Similiar problems, it kept dropping out.

I manually enetered the IP adress, turned off the 2.4Ghz.. went through everything, and found out my Orbi router was in AP mode not Router mode. Fixed the problem instantly.  

BTW, I have the wifi turned off on my sky router and am just using that for the LAN. 

Happy 🙂

This message was authored by Hacket This message was authored by: Hacket

@Annie+UK I have done what you advised. Still no connection. Reset does not work. Connection to Broadband Router: FAIL, Connyto On Demand: FAIL, IP Address of this Sky now: 0.0.0.0, DHCP ON

This message was authored by Emily+Vaughan This message was authored by: Emily+Vaughan

The  internet is working fine I've tried switching both boxes on and off but the sky box won't connect to the internet 

This message was authored by Frozty70 This message was authored by: Frozty70

You are on page 9, post 126 of 126.

Go to page 5, post 65 of 126, Yorkshire+dales, date 24 Jan 2020, time 8.25pm.

This worked for me

This message was authored by Robert+Lidiard This message was authored by: Robert+Lidiard

My WiFi connection dropped out 2days ago. I`ve tried all the reset potions invluding putting details in manaully .still no connection on Mutiroom box > main box router (new by approx 6months) Considering ditching sky altogether. Sky/B.Band & phone why pay for something I`m not recieving ?

This message was authored by TrickyBK This message was authored by: TrickyBK

Just click on the Housekeeping option in Services. this reboots everything and tidies it all up you then reconnect to your router and everything should work.

This message was authored by Alensco This message was authored by: Alensco

Anyone having the same insane issue as me i have a fix. 

Sky q box wont connect to wifi, acknowledges that its there or not. 

1. Connect to your router and change the password. 

2. Press the reset button on your router.

3. On your sky q box go to settings. Type 0,0,1 then select.

4. Reset settings and confirm. Wait till the box resets and comes back to life.

5. Even if it doesnt recognise your wifi is on press the wps button on the sky box then the wps button on your router.

6. if god is on your side it should connect.

Only way i managed to get it to work after trying every fix on here there is clearly an issue with the skybox not ereasing a connection with the router.

This message was authored by TrickyBK This message was authored by: TrickyBK

I found if you click on the Housekeeping option it tidies everything up and connects to the WiFi. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alensco wrote:

Anyone having the same insane issue as me i have a fix. 

That is for Sky Q customers but this thread is about the Sky+ boxes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Maryannjohn21 This message was authored by: Maryannjohn21

My sky Box will not connect to internet router.  It packed up in December and I tried what all the people on the forum say switch everything off reboot but nothing would make it work.   It was off for about a month and I gave up and thought I would have to carry on without it,  but then  itjust started working again.  It has now stopped again and I cannot get catchup.  I have a skybox and a separate Sky wireless connector.  Have gone through everything as last time and all my other equipment, soundbar, mobiles, laptops are connecting but not the skybox. 

This message was authored by Maryannjohn21 This message was authored by: Maryannjohn21

fail 

fail

on

This message was authored by francinemarie This message was authored by: francinemarie

I have the same problem that you had @Polmeister in that i cant get the 3 options, just says broadband failed. I have a red button but when i press it, it does nothing. did you manage to fix this?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion