Discussion topic: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

This message was authored by Maryannjohn21 This message was authored by: Maryannjohn21

Re: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

My skybix will not connect to internet it was connected just stopped

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried what has been posted here back on the first post of this thread:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-Box-won-t-connect-to-the-internet-router/m-p/3040094/highlight/...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Hi+Glenn This message was authored by: Hi+Glenn

Fixed now got a new sky box 

thank you for all reply's 

This message was authored by Maryannjohn21 This message was authored by: Maryannjohn21

Still not working cannot get catch up. Tried turning all off and switching on again still not working.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Maryannjohn21 what is shown under Services > Settings > Network?

This message was authored by ChesterDavid This message was authored by: ChesterDavid

It indicated Fail for the network settings.  However I have now solved the problem but many thanks for the interest.

CD
This message was authored by marsha101 This message was authored by: marsha101

Hpw did you solve this please share? I am having the same problem tv is sky but changed network provider as a result new router will not connect.

This message was authored by ChesterDavid This message was authored by: ChesterDavid

The problem was not with the router but a connection at the Sky box.  The internet provider had not been changed.  It was simply a connector that had been accidentally pulled out and incorrectly replaced.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.

CD
This message was authored by Polmeister This message was authored by: Polmeister

I'm really struggling to get my second sky+ box to connect to my WiFi. I've tried restarting and unplugging in various orders as suggested but nothing seems to work. My main sky unit in the lounge gives me the option to just enter the router password but the sky box in my room doesn't. Does it need upgrading or something? Or is it just that the box model is too old? I have a mini connector for both. The router is upstairs but can't be moved any closer... I'm out of ideas! Please help! 🙂

This message was authored by Alan+belam This message was authored by: Alan+belam

Nice one Annie, worked for me too 😀

This message was authored by Yorkshire+dales This message was authored by: Yorkshire+dales

There is no point calling sky totally unhelpful 

This message was authored by Yorkshire+dales This message was authored by: Yorkshire+dales

My sky box has suddenly lost internet connection without reason 

, I have tried the eps and the code but the message says it can’t find an intenet  connection which is strange because it’s been running fine for years, been on a very unhelpful text messaging service with sky all day without success and all they can offer is updradung to sky q at my cost of course. Is this there way of getting new product purchases.

This message was authored by penm This message was authored by: penm

To all having problems with the sky+ box not attaching to the router, this may be due to an IP address change.

Try going to Settings and choose Network.

You will see there is an option with a red button - "Reset". Press the Red Button.

Tom

@penm I am using a sky + box and when I go to network there is no option to use the red button or reset  there is the green button for the planner and a blue button for search, 

would really appreciate some some help with this

thank you 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Yorkshire+dales Once on the Network screen press the down arrow, then the Red option will appear. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion