This message was authored by Hi+Glenn This message was authored by: Hi+Glenn

Re: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

I've tried everything and no response my sky box will not connect to sky

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hi+Glenn wrote:

I've tried everything and no response my sky box will not connect to sky

What is the everything you've tried?  More detail may help us to help you.

Turning off box and Internet 

Put code in

Pressing  the wrs thing

Everything every one as said am with Vodafone and its not worked since I went with them 

This message was authored by RJ48 This message was authored by: RJ48

My on demand will also not work. Ive checked the internet connection; all is ok. On demand working on lap top in skygo and all tablets and phone linked to wifi. Done tje turning on/off; resetting; tried connecting through WPS button and via password numerous times and tried all suggestions on here but still cannot connect to on demand!! Any other suggestions??? 

@GlenNorthEast wrote:
Last night my Sky+ box seemed to loose its connection to the internet/router. The wifi is working, as my phone and devices are connected and working fine. I tried to reconnect by using the WPS key which told me there was an error (no code given) and I also tried connecting via the password on the router, again, failed message but no code given. I have tried resetting the router and switching everything off and back on but it still will not connect. Anyone had this and resolved? My Sky+ box is wireless, so I do not have one of the small boxes for on demand. Thanks

@RJ48, @Hi+Glenn if you've tried the procedure posted by @Annie+UK below before entering your wifi details or using the WPS button to connect, I can only suggest giving Sky a call.

Will do thank you

This message was authored by Neil+Gladwyn This message was authored by: Neil+Gladwyn

Hi. 

I’m also unable to connect my sky box to the internet. I go into services, settings, network and box comes up saying “searching for local network”,  and underneath “press backup to cancel”. 

Pressing backup does nothing, it’s as if the screen is frozen. Only way to clear the page is to press TV guide. 

Tried turning on and off, pressing wps buttons. Nothing. 

Cant even get a phone number to actually speak to someone. Very dissatisfied with sky. 

@Neil+Gladwyn wrote

Cant even get a phone number to actually speak to someone.

See the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. It will take you through some troubleshooting which may fix the problem, but if not  will at the end  offer you contact options.

This message was authored by CampingPodder This message was authored by: CampingPodder

I've had exactly the same problem for a couple of weeks, and I just can't get it to connect. Switched on and off and all that guff.  Have been through the troubleshooting, but there are no telephone numbers for @skytv so can't speak to anyone.  Could this be a way of trying to get people to upgrade to Q?  Any other suggestions most welcome.

@CampingPodder  tried @Annie+UK's suggestion earlier in this thread? The Contact Us link guides you here and if you work through from this point without resolving it, a contact phone number is offered. Or google for a phone number.

This message was authored by Peggy+moore This message was authored by: Peggy+moore

I have tried to reconnect my sky box to the internet  by switching on sky box and the by router and putting is all back on but still not working

This message was authored by CHUNKYBOI This message was authored by: CHUNKYBOI

Hi I am having the same issue I have tried. What you told us to do and its still not working when I hold the button to connect it, it's unable to locate the wireless Internet can you help me please 

This message was authored by errol123 This message was authored by: errol123

Had exactly this N&G same here....is your broadband BT by any chance?

This message was authored by Clearwell1 This message was authored by: Clearwell1

@errol123  No, we don't get BT here.

This message was authored by Ale+man This message was authored by: Ale+man

I have same problem after new router put in. Tried all diagnostic stuff but no success.   Sky say it's router not compatible and Talk Talk say it's sky box. because all other devices ok.  Did you have any luck?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion