Discussion topic: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

This message was authored by GlenNorthEast This message was authored by: GlenNorthEast

Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

Last night my Sky+ box seemed to loose its connection to the internet/router. The wifi is working, as my phone and devices are connected and working fine. I tried to reconnect by using the WPS key which told me there was an error (no code given) and I also tried connecting via the password on the router, again, failed message but no code given. I have tried resetting the router and switching everything off and back on but it still will not connect. Anyone had this and resolved? My Sky+ box is wireless, so I do not have one of the small boxes for on demand. Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Sky+ Box won't connect to the internet/router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kaelin wrote:

My sky box won’t connect to my wi fi. I’ve tried everything. Was working perfect before.

Turn off your Sky Box and broadband router, turn the router back on and wait for it to fully initialise, then turn on the Sky Box and wait for that to initialise, try accessing catchup TV

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Try going into the network settings on the box itself and use the red button option to reset it.

This message was authored by Fannibander This message was authored by: Fannibander

I have had the same problem from last wek and the Red button reset does not work.  I dont know where to get the details to input manually.

This message was authored by CliveR1 This message was authored by: CliveR1

I have had the same problem - which seemed to start at the same time as your first post.

I have tried the WPC on router and on set top box button turning off and restarting to no avail.

Can't see how to enter the password manually on the sky remote as the password is all upper case.

Has anybody managed to resolve this.

This message was authored by CliveR1 This message was authored by: CliveR1

I just retried to get the error message and it's now working.

So looks likw Sky have fixed the problem.

This message was authored by Fannibander This message was authored by: Fannibander

I called Sky yesterday and told it was my Ethernet cable. I checked with my broadband information and the cable is working properly. I called back and a engineer needs to fix it for £65 or upgrade to Sky Q as the equipment is old. I’m living with it like this as moving home soon. 

This message was authored by Blondylocks This message was authored by: Blondylocks

I have had the same problem about the same time as you. I have tried resetting it by using the red button, WPS button, password and also pin all to no avail. 

Tried to contact sky but been on hold for a while so gave up. Wi-fi and phone working. 

This message was authored by Kaelin This message was authored by: Kaelin

My sky box won’t connect to my wi fi. I’ve tried everything. Was working perfect before.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

@Kaelin wrote:

Turn off your Sky Box and broadband router, turn the router back on and wait for it to fully initialise, then turn on the Sky Box and wait for that to initialise, try accessing catchup TV

This message was authored by Kaelin This message was authored by: Kaelin

Thanks a million Annie , that has worked . 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Glad you're sorted, just a case of rebooting things in the correct order

This message was authored by marynortcliff11 This message was authored by: marynortcliff11

SKY + wont connect to wifi i have tried everything sky suggested but to no avail. help needed  , rebooted reset heeelp

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@marynortcliff11  have you tried @Annie+UK's suggestion earlier in this thread?

This message was authored by Dewi+Bach This message was authored by: Dewi+Bach

Worked a treat. Thank you!

@Annie+UK wrote:

@Kaelin wrote:

This message was authored by Clearwell1 This message was authored by: Clearwell1

I had same problem but thank you, your suggestion worked.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion