Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+

This message was authored by Eddy99 This message was authored by: Eddy99

On demand download failure Sky+

Hello - I cannot download from my SKy + Box and have an open complaint with Sky since around April 2023 and the complaints team who i am in regular contact with have recently confirmed this to me. Please do not accept what any moderator on this forum will tell you as they have no clue and feed you false information about broadband speeds and providers being the cause which has nothing to do with this ongoing fault it's ridculous.

This thread below has been incorrectly closed off with some miselading information once again hoping this will go away, it is NOT fixed, prove it! I am still seeing Technical fault -11 (272), what's fixed? My SKy has been working for 20+ years until the change that affected paying customers changed everything around March this year.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/On-demand-download-failure-Sky-on-2-boxes/td-p/4218170/page/2

As before i can download BBC and ITV just fine very quickly, nothing else, what has that got to do with Speeds and Providers?

Not one person on the above 54 page thread has come back and said as a result of the orignal fault being fixed they can now download again, they are having to take other serious measures like changing their routers.

*Computer, Technology, and IT Literate*

All Replies

This message was authored by MR66 This message was authored by: MR66

Re: On demand download failure Sky+

Yes I've been experiencing the same problem for months, am only able to download BBC & ITV. Yesterday I rang Sky about the issue and no help at all so hung up infact majority of the call was them trying to sell me new phone contracts & broadband which wasn't why I had called. They don't seem to care and,are more interested in pushing new technology at you, why should we pay for a service they are not providing 

This message was authored by MR66 This message was authored by: MR66

Apparently its the Hardware

I'm still having the download issues with my Sky+ box as already explained have rung several times, most recently yesterday,  they just don't seem that interested I even explained how it's a major talking point on this community thread. Was told it might be a hardware issue so new box, I informed them the box was relatively new anyway but got the it's hardware answer again so watch out fellow moaners there's gonna be alot of new boxes coming your way

This message was authored by AliDun This message was authored by: AliDun

@Eddy99 Same with me, I'm furious that the moderator has closed the thread and have emailed sky complaints to say so, will be interesting to see if I get a reply to that. 
@Steve0001  

@PocketDog 

@MogwaiSatTV 

this thread might interest you

This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

@AliDun wrote:

@Eddy99 Same with me, I'm furious that the moderator has closed the thread and have emailed sky complaints to say so, will be interesting to see if I get a reply to that. 
@Steve0001  

@PocketDog 

@MogwaiSatTV 

this thread might interest you

Thanks. I will keep an eye on it, although I am not sure how long it will remain for comment!

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

I did see the big thread getting closed. If it was truly fixed from their side I would have expected an update in that thread beyond that non-answer that was posted several weeks ago.

I am thoroughly unimpressed by Sky's response to this issue. I think they assume none of their customers have technical skill and would not see through their excuses where it is the ISP's fault. Even for some customers who also got their internet from Sky.

I am just fortunante that I managed to resolve it myself as it seems Sky has no intention of fixing it eventhough they admitted it was down to a DNS config change that they made.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If people are fixing the issue themselves then how on earth is it a Sky issue? That makes no sense

I think there must be multiple issues people are having that all end in a similar result,  because people are reporting different fixes for their issues

This message was authored by MogwaiSatTV This message was authored by: MogwaiSatTV

It is a Sky issue because Sky said it was as a result of a DNS Headend change that they made.

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

It is a Sky issue because Sky said it was as a result of a DNS Headend change that they made.

And Sky have said that they have resolved the issue they created, this is why they closed the other thread

Also that is only one of the suspected caused of peoples issues

That might be the case. But as they did not put a new update on the thread detailing a further fix it gives the impression that nothing further than what was annound several weeks ago has been done.

@MogwaiSatTV wrote:

That might be the case. But as they did not put a new update on the thread detailing a further fix it gives the impression that nothing further than what was annound several weeks ago has been done.

There is no further fix for Sky to perform, this is evident by people solving their own issues there end with DNS changes on their box, changing broadband routers etc...

This message was authored by PocketDog This message was authored by: PocketDog

It beggars belief that the SuperUsers are still pedaling the "it's not Sky's fault" line.  

Anne, are you suggesting that the issue I have been experiencing since the end of January, when Sky made their change, along with countless others on the other thread, is somehow my fault? 

And are you also suggesting that because people are finding their own work around that somehow proves it's NOT their issue?  

Anyone seriously thinking that it's more likely that we all suffered multiple different issues, at the same time, resulting in the same fault, is quite frankly, hilarious.

If there is one single issue then explain the multiple fixes people have used, would not the same fix work for all? 🙄

Your lack of logical reasoning astounds me 😞

This message was authored by AliDun This message was authored by: AliDun

@Annie+UK It's likely that some people joining in the original thread actually had a different problem which was resolved by a planner rebuild or whatever. For those of us who have had the problem since Sky made the change (and have tried all the fixes involving DNS changes etc) it seems the only possible fix is to buy a new router, something we shouldn't have to do since Sky have already said they caused the problem. 

This message was authored by PocketDog This message was authored by: PocketDog

@Annie+UK wrote:

If there is one single issue then explain the multiple fixes people have used, would not the same fix work for all? 🙄

Your lack of logical reasoning astounds me 😞

Irony right there!!  😂

Who said there was only one issue? You may need to re-read my questions.

Does anyone not think it's possible that an issue (i.e. DNS routing problem caused by Sky and admitted by Sky) couldn't possibly be fixed in more than one way? 

IF somehow the combination of our IPs, Router ID / MAC address or DNS server IDs are being blocked by Sky, it would make sense that changing ISP, or router, would resolve the issue. That does not mean the issue was not caused by Sky or should not be resolved by Sky. It purely means there are workarounds. 

There is so much being conveniently ignored.  Like the fact downloads work for non Sky content, so it's not hardware or software. Also the free VIP Shazam download also worked. Yet boxset and On Demand doesn't work. In no world does that ever point to an issue at the users end. 

However this has been discussed for 6 months. I don't expect it to be understood now.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion