Discussion topic: Activate Viewing Card

This message was authored by enzo8906 This message was authored by: enzo8906

Activate Viewing Card

Hi already have a sky dish from 2 years ago and an old Sky + box and I simply want to activate a sky viewing card to watch the terestrial channels and add an HD subscription.  Cant get help on chat unless i want the newer products and sat and waiting 48 mins to get through to someone then cut off.  Can someone help please?

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Activate Viewing Card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@enzo8906  Your post has been moved to the correct forum as Sky Glass/Stream does not have viewing cards and ypur post mentioned Sky+

You need to persist in calling I'm afraid however it should be noted Sky no longer support Sky+ boxes so may want you to move to Sky Q

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@enzo8906  Your post has been moved to the correct forum as Sky Glass/Stream does not have viewing cards and ypur post mentioned Sky+

You need to persist in calling I'm afraid however it should be noted Sky no longer support Sky+ boxes so may want you to move to Sky Q

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

enzo8906
Topic Author

Thanks for moving me to the correct forum,  I didnt get an opion of Sky+ only stream, Q and glass.  I'm not too bothered about support at this stage, just need to terestrial channels and HD as my new build house doesnt come with TV arieal these days i'm told.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@enzo8906 Sky won't sell you a subscription for Sky+, as it's now a legacy system increasingly unsupported, but you don't need an active Viewing Card to watch the free to air channels on a Sky+ box. That includes HD channels like BBC1, BBC2, ITV 

enzo8906
Topic Author

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this,  i was told the same but i have a message on screen saying 'Box Initialising@ and has done for 3 days now.  I have ben told on a chat to contact Sky as the card need to be activated in order to watch the terestrial channels?

Hi @enzo8906 the 'initialising' message isn't related to your Viewing Card. It means your Sky box isn't getting a signal from your satellite dish.

That might be because the dish is misaligned or the cables are damaged or the LNB (on the arm) is faulty or not compatible with Sky+.

enzo8906
Topic Author

The sky dish was originally installed when i odered Sky Q so not sure if thats the issue?

Yes. The LNB fitted for Sky Q isn't compatible with Sky+. You'd need to have it changed to a standard LNB.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Mark39 wrote:

Yes. The LNB fitted for Sky Q isn't compatible with Sky+. You'd need to have it changed to a standard LNB.

@enzo8906 Just to add, Sky won't do this. You would need to contact a local satellite company. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion