Discussion topic: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by RogerC43 This message was authored by: RogerC43

Re: On demand download failure Sky+ on 2 boxes

Ok. So I've resolved the issue for myself, by obtaining a second hand plusnet hub two  (about £15) from ebay and swapping out my existing tp-link(Archer VR2600) router.  Don't understand the technicalities as to how that would fix things, and very strange issue, but there you go!

I'm on Plusnet Fibre Broadband.

Previously

Box 1 - connected to router's wifi directly - works fine

Box 2 - connected to router via mesh wifi - wouldn't download (but would if I unplugged it, moved it to the same room as Box 1 and tried connecting it directly to the router's wifi)

Now

Box 1 - connected to plusnet router via mesh wifi - works fine

Box 2 - connected to plusnet router via mesh wifi - works fine

This message was authored by SMBP This message was authored by: SMBP

Started yesterday for me and guess who provides my broadband, Sky, only wasted two ours being lied to today. Are Sky going the same way as Virgin and becoming cheap due to the competition taking their market away?

This message was authored by shand9876 This message was authored by: shand9876

Re: On demand download failure Sky+

I am gettingthe same:
Failed Recording
Techical Fault - 11 (272)
Started in January; won't download a variety of different channels.

I see people suggesting all sorts of complicated technical 'solutions'. That can't be the right way for Sky to deal with this but I see nothing from Sky here so they obviously don't care.

This message was authored by shand9876 This message was authored by: shand9876

What is the Sky e-mail address. I can't seem to find it.

I know they don't really want you to contact them.

This message was authored by Steve0001 This message was authored by: Steve0001

This: viewerR@sky.uk

Reference this thread as well. You will probably be told that they are aware and working on it etc etc...

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: On demand download failure Sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@shand9876 wrote:

That can't be the right way for Sky to deal with this but I see nothing from Sky here so they obviously don't care.

They've posted here. More than once.

And yet people are still experiencing the problem.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Unfortunately, yes. Sky said they would update here when it has been resolved so clearly it hasn't yet, I'm afraid.

This problem has been affecting people for years though. Like I said, seems very much like Virgin, too big to care.

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We have received an update from the support teams regarding the download error customers are seeing.

The cause of this issue was down to our infrastructure being updated at the headend (which was affecting Q as well however this was resolved relatively quickly) was taking longer to resolve on Sky + boxes. A DNS change was done to point towards the new headend but a small number of HD+ were stuck on the old DNS and not updating so were pointing wrongly at the old headend.

These instances are decreasing however we are still monitoring and expect this number of affected boxes to taper off.

Thank you for your understanding with this and allow some time for the affected boxes to be fixed. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@SMBP wrote:

This problem has been affecting people for years though. Like I said, seems very much like Virgin, too big to care.

This issue has been happening for MONTHS not years 😞 Fake news I think!!!

This message was authored by PocketDog This message was authored by: PocketDog

@Kirsty+S27 wrote:

The cause of this issue was down to our infrastructure being updated at the headend (which was affecting Q as well however this was resolved relatively quickly) was taking longer to resolve on Sky + boxes. A DNS change was done to point towards the new headend but a small number of HD+ were stuck on the old DNS and not updating so were pointing wrongly at the old headend.

These instances are decreasing however we are still monitoring and expect this number of affected boxes to taper off.

Thank you for your understanding with this and allow some time for the affected boxes to be fixed. 

This is good news and appreciate the update from Sky themselves (would have been welcomed earlier but better now than never!).  

So this sounds like they are having to manually fix the boxes?  

I can only assume that there is no way for use users to fix it otherwsie I guess they would have said so, which is a shame. 

And yet the first thread I found on this subject was over 3 years old 🤷‍♂️ So yes indeed, fake news.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@SMBP wrote:

And yet the first thread I found on this subject was over 3 years old 🤷‍♂️ So yes indeed, fake news.

Different issue unconnected, this one started at the beginning of this year

Many issues have similar subject titles on the forum but are totally unrelated

This message was authored by PocketDog This message was authored by: PocketDog

@SMBP wrote:

Well I guess there would always have been someone somewhere that has reported downloading issues : but this was a single change (at the end of January) that afffected a whole host of people all at once, myself included.  Before that change, our's all worked ok.  Thats what this refers to.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion