Discussion topic: New sky HD remote rev.9

This message was authored by thunderstorms This message was authored by: thunderstorms

New sky HD remote rev.9

Just purchased the sky HD rev.9 remote old one.broke

But I can't pair it with TVsince sky removed the features to do it via the sky box I can't get any of the codes to work

It's a goodmans.tv don't know.model number but it's less tham 10 years old. The old remote I paired first try but I'm about to lose my mind and sky representative no help

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: New sky HD remote rev.9

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thunderstorms wrote:

Just purchased the sky HD rev.9 remote old one.broke

But I can't pair it with TVsince sky removed the features to do it via the sky box I can't get any of the codes to work

It's a goodmans.tv don't know.model number but it's less tham 10 years old. The old remote I paired first try but I'm about to lose my mind and sky representative no help

I all my years a a Sky Plus user I've never seen the ability you mention, you have only been able to programme the remote via the remote itself as there is no way for the box to talk to it

There is a way to cycle through all the codes one at a time until you hit the correct one, I'm sure someone with better memory can provide the procedure if google does not help you find it first

thunderstorms
Topic Author
This message was authored by thunderstorms This message was authored by: thunderstorms

I didn't say anything about getting the remote to talk to box lol the remote used to be paired via the hd box but sky removed this feature and I'm having to enter 50 different codes to try see what one works and none do 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

No idea which feature you think has been removed.

You should be able to find the code for your tv via Sky's help here: https://www.sky.com/help/program-your-remote

The tv model number is usually to be found on the back panel of the tv. 

If ypu've still got the old remote and it's half way usable it might be possible to retrieve the code you used from it.

thunderstorms
Topic Author

There is a feature on sky HD box that says setup remote. I've tried the codes via the website and they don't work. I don't have the TV remote hence using sky remote. The previous sky remote powered the Tv fine but all the codes I'm trying don't work 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@thunderstorms wrote:

There is a feature on sky HD box that says setup remote. 

It could only possibly given you the same generic information as is on Sky's website.

If none of the suggested codes work, you can search through ALL the codes stored on the remote to see if one of them works, as @Annie+UK referred to. It's a tedious process though. To do it:

1. Press Select and Red together for several seconds until the LED flashes twice.

2. Press TV then standby alternately (TV, then Standby, TV, then Standby etc) until your TV switches off. If/when it switches off, press Select to store that code.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion