Discussion topic: New dish

This message was authored by shellie7175 This message was authored by: shellie7175

New dish

Kids have broke dish with football how much will new dish be 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: New dish

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@shellie7175  You will need to call Sky to discuss this, there may be a callout charge of £65.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

shellie7175
Topic Author
This message was authored by shellie7175 This message was authored by: shellie7175

I've seen them to buy on Amazon but don't want to if I'm wasting money had sky 13 years and never had any problems till now wouldn't care have told kids not to play football there 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@shellie7175 wrote:

I've seen them to buy on Amazon but don't want to if I'm wasting money had sky 13 years and never had any problems till now wouldn't care have told kids not to play football there 

If you buy your own dish, you'll still need someone to install it and align it correctly - it's not really a DIY proposition.

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@Mark39 wrote:

@shellie7175 wrote:

If you buy your own dish, you'll still need someone to install it and align it correctly - it's not really a DIY proposition.

I remember installing our dish after relocating as a kid, involved a wet tea towel and a lot of shouting. The air was blue and after a while my old man & I finally got a decent picture (this was before HD mind!).

Never again, just get the pros in now 😉

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Skull+Treaty wrote:

@Mark39 wrote:

@shellie7175 wrote:

I remember installing our dish after relocating as a kid, involved a wet tea towel and a lot of shouting. The air was blue and after a while my old man & I finally got a decent picture (this was before HD mind!).

Never again, just get the pros in now 😉

My experience with a SKY HD box was fortunately a far better one.

SKY HD boxes have a reasonable Satellite status display and way back I used very long RF cable (which SKY HD boxes have) to a portable TV that I took outside & could see whilst making the adjustments 

They also use Universal LNBs that relatively cheap Satellite finders can be used for - however the cost of even a cheap sat finder would be best spent on getting either a SKY or independent engineer who have all the correct Test & other equipment to do the install

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion