Discussion topic: Moved back to Sky+ box after cancelling SkyQ - No signal

This message was authored by TonyD2 This message was authored by: TonyD2

Moved back to Sky+ box after cancelling SkyQ - No signal

Until recently, following another hike in subscription, I cancelled the contract and have removed the Q box and replaced it with the old Sky+ box so I can just the use free to air channels.

Problem - No signal.

However, when they installed SkyQ, I explained that I also had an old original Sky box in a bedroom, and he fitted (I believe) a hybrid LNB, and that setup worked fine. I also checked the Sky+ box in that bedroom recently and it worked fine there. But downstairs where the SkyQ box was - no signal.

Does the LNB have different outputs for different boxes? If so, will I need to change the LNB?

All help appreciated. Thx.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Moved back to Sky+ box after cancelling SkyQ - No signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TonyD2 wrote:

Thanks for the info. So is it likely that the lnb has 2 standard and 2 wideband ports?

Yes I think the main Hybrid LNB used by SKY  has 2 universal & 2 wideband

Although I think some have 2 wideband and 4 Universal ports

See for an example of the 2 + 2

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Accessing-the-ports-on-sky-q-LNB-EL027/m-p/4271581

If you have the 2+2 variant then, I guess you have a couple of options - replace the LNB with a Quad Universal LNB (or even a 2+4 Universal variant Hybrid but I am not too sure this is a cost effective solution)  or buy a Freesat 4K box that can use the wideband outputs

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Yes, some LNB's have fixed ports for standard and wideband. If there are no spare standard ports on the LNB, you would need to replace it to use your Sky+ box.

Note that you won't be able to use the box to record or playback existing recordings.

TonyD2
Topic Author
This message was authored by TonyD2 This message was authored by: TonyD2

Thanks for the info. So is it likely that the lnb has 2 standard and 2 wideband ports?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@TonyD2 wrote:

I'm not familiar with the configuration of various LNBs but, yes, I would think that's likely for a hybrid model.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

@TonyD2 wrote:

Yes I think the main Hybrid LNB used by SKY  has 2 universal & 2 wideband

Although I think some have 2 wideband and 4 Universal ports

See for an example of the 2 + 2

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Accessing-the-ports-on-sky-q-LNB-EL027/m-p/4271581

If you have the 2+2 variant then, I guess you have a couple of options - replace the LNB with a Quad Universal LNB (or even a 2+4 Universal variant Hybrid but I am not too sure this is a cost effective solution)  or buy a Freesat 4K box that can use the wideband outputs

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion