Discussion topic: Is there a spoken navigational guidance option in Sky+

This message was authored by Kat231 This message was authored by: Kat231

Is there a spoken navigational guidance option in Sky+

I'm looking to turn on a spoken navigational guidance option on Sky+, so when a channel is changed, Sky reads out the channel info. This is different to audio description, which describes the programmes & I can see that option in the Accessibility settings. I can see there is a "voice guidance" option on Sky Q & Sky Glass, but I basically want this option on Sky+. I'd be surprised if there was nothing like this available to help visually impaired people. Anyone know where it is & how to turn this on? It's not worth upgrading to Q or buying a new TV just for this feature

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Is there a spoken navigational guidance option in Sky+

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kat231  Sky+HD is an ancient and now unsupported system, this feature would now never be added,  you need to upgrade to Sky Q if this is a feature you need.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Kat231 There's never been such an option on Sky+, to the best of my knowledge. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kat231 

As @GD1 indicates, Sky+ is a platform going back two decades and Sky+ HD hardware was last manufactured in 2015, so it's lacking a great many features now expected on a modern system.  There won't be anything added to it now: in fact it's gradually losing functionality as Sky seeks to remove it from their product lineup.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

You wouldn't  need to buy a new TV you could get a Sky Streaming Puck to replace the Sky+ box😉

Exiled in HH

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion