Discussion topic: I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels. All works fine on the

This message was authored by SpeatMa1 This message was authored by: SpeatMa1

I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels. All works fine on the

I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels. All works fine on the main box!

I have tried switching off and on, doing a software update on the box and reactivating the viewing card (several times) all to no avail.

I contacted sky who are telling me I need to upgrade to skyQ and they will provide an additional sky Q box so it can be watched in other room.

I have to pay £50 for any additional boxes.

at present I can watch sky in several rooms as they have been wired up. 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels. All works fine on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SpeatMa1 wrote:

I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels.

What is happening on this box @SpeatMa1 are you seeing an upgrade message or a no satellite signal one ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SpeatMa1
Topic Author

Re: I have Sky+ HD but second box (multi room) will not receive the paid channels. All works fine on

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I am seeing upgrade message.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@SpeatMa1  Do you have an active multi screen subscription currently listed on your online billing 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
SpeatMa1
Topic Author

Hi yes

i am paying £7/month and this was confirmed by the employee of sky who I spoke to today

thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SpeatMa1 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow morning regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear tomorrow you will have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
SpeatMa1
Topic Author

Great thank you! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SpeatMa1 wrote:

Hi yes

i am paying £7/month and this was confirmed by the employee of sky who I spoke to today

thanks

Note that Multiscreen is a charge per additional box for Sky+. I don't know whether £7 covers you for just a single Multiscreen box. 

It's a single charge regardless of the number of boxes for Sky Q.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @SpeatMa1 to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion