Discussion topic: Engineer unable to install dish & LNB for health &safety reasons

This message was authored by SteveOfStretton This message was authored by: SteveOfStretton

Engineer unable to install dish & LNB for health &safety reasons

My existing LNB and dish are located on a chimney and SKY engineer is not allowed to access the dish and LNB for health and safety reasons. There is no other lace to install the dish etc.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Engineer unable to install dish & LNB for health &safety reasons

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveOfStretton 

Unfortunately that means Sky is probably not going to supply your address with a satellite television service.

We used to advise that an independent installer be booked, but Sky policy is now not to install a satellite television box at an address with an existing dish where this is not reachable under their own safe working schedule.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
SteveOfStretton
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteveOfStretton This message was authored by: SteveOfStretton

Hi Timmy - thanks for heads up on this issue. The engineer left behind the dish and 6 port LNB that was to replace the existing dish etc . If I get this installed by a 3rd party installer are you saying that SKY will not accept my SKY Q order ?

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@SteveOfStretton  Best thing to do is call Sky directly and explain that you already have the dish and lnb installed and see if they will allow you to order the boxes and subscriptions without the dish being fitted 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SteveOfStretton wrote:

Hi Timmy - thanks for heads up on this issue. The engineer left behind the dish and 6 port LNB that was to replace the existing dish etc . If I get this installed by a 3rd party installer are you saying that SKY will not accept my SKY Q order ?

That's likely to be the case, yes, as Sky will not be able to maintain the dish in the event of a future fault.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SteveOfStretton wrote:

If I get this installed by a 3rd party installer are you saying that SKY will not accept my SKY Q order?

You can order (unless the previous installer has 'flagged' the address), but Sky policy is apparently for the installer to refuse to put the Sky box(es) in place.  Whether all installers keep to this policy is unknown, but they presumably should.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion