Discussion topic: Can I connect my Sky+HD box to my TV with a wireless HDMI mirror adapter

This message was authored by Bonzodog1 This message was authored by: Bonzodog1

Can I connect my Sky+HD box to my TV with a wireless HDMI mirror adapter

I want to move my TV to a different corner of the room but the cables from the satellite will not reach.  I want to leave the Sky+ box where it is therefore and connect the box to the TV wirelessly - is this possible?  I have tried with a product that I bought on Amazon which works fine connecting my PC to the TV but does not work with the Sky+ box.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Can I connect my Sky+HD box to my TV with a wireless HDMI mirror adapter

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bonzodog1 I've used an HDMI wireless video sender in the past and in my experience they  work ok providing you don't move and don't switch other electrical appliances on.  Interference as the problem as @Annie+UK posted. There are very expensive similar devices which carry the signal over the mains wiring in your home rather than wirelessly which might work better.

An HDMI over ethernet cable is more likely to give a good result.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

A HDMI video sender will take ANY video source and transmit it wirelessly, though it would be easier and much cheaper to extend the satellite cables with a kit from Amazon etc... also cables will not suffer from wifi interference

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Bonzodog1 I've used an HDMI wireless video sender in the past and in my experience they  work ok providing you don't move and don't switch other electrical appliances on.  Interference as the problem as @Annie+UK posted. There are very expensive similar devices which carry the signal over the mains wiring in your home rather than wirelessly which might work better.

An HDMI over ethernet cable is more likely to give a good result.

Bonzodog1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bonzodog1 This message was authored by: Bonzodog1

Thanks Mark39, supp question - my Tx gets power from a USB port. Does the USB port at the back of the Sky box provide this power?  I get a different (more positive result when I connect the USB separately to my PC.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

That would suggest that your Sky box's USB port can't deliver the power required by the sender - which doesn't surprise me, bearing in mind the age of the box. You'd probably be better off using a plug-in power adaptor. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion