Discussion topic: Access to BBC IPlayer from Sky+ HD box

This message was authored by dddderrick This message was authored by: dddderrick

Access to BBC IPlayer from Sky+ HD box

My Sky+ box has ethernet connection, so I can use the catch up facility, including BBC programmes I may have missed during the past month. But I cannot get to find programmes which have not been shown on TV. An example is the the David Attenborough programme called Saving Our Wild Isles which BBC keep advertising as being available on BBC Iplayer; this 53 minute programme was not shown on BBC 1 with the 5 episodes which have been shown on BBC1 for the past five Sunday evenings. 

I know  I can stream this additional programme on a smart TV, but this would imply that the BBC Iplayer available through Sky+ HD accessess a different Iplayer than you can access through Sky+ ?    Or is my Sky+ HD box not been updated ?

Help please. Many thanks, Dave.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Access to BBC IPlayer from Sky+ HD box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

BBC iPlayer is an App, Sky+ does not have any apps as the tech for the box is too old, the BBC supply content for Sky's On Demand section of the Sky+ Guide, this content does not always match exactly what the iPlayer App (available on other devices) has available

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK Answer

Re: Access to BBC IPlayer from Sky+ HD box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

BBC iPlayer is an App, Sky+ does not have any apps as the tech for the box is too old, the BBC supply content for Sky's On Demand section of the Sky+ Guide, this content does not always match exactly what the iPlayer App (available on other devices) has available

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion