Discussion topic: Sky stream Disney Plus 4k not working

This message was authored by Buttery_Ken This message was authored by: Buttery_Ken

Re: Sky stream Disney Plus 4k not working

Disney+ is outputting 4K with Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos on my Stream puck. I just tested it and played a bit of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. 

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Go into the Disney+ app then go into settings(cogwheel at the bottom of the left pane) and then App settings and check that the option Automatic is set.  Also, the puck should be set 2160p and I think you will need the UHD/Atmos pack as well.

I don't know if the issue that your TV is checked that it can do HLG even though Stream uses HDR10/DV is the same for the pucks but it was for Sky Q.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
Elliott930
Topic Author
This message was authored by Elliott930 This message was authored by: Elliott930

@trevforum Thanks, unfortunately all setting are set correctly and I have no issue with UHD on sky films and nextflix through stream. I also have no issue on Disney when I use a different device such as my Xbox. Just the sky puck that seems to be the issue unfortunately. 

This message was authored by SamFramo This message was authored by: SamFramo

I get the same issue on my Sky Q box as well, Native TV apps and fine as well as PS5

This message was authored by EzBoii This message was authored by: EzBoii

I have the same issue. I can stream 4K Disney plus from my tv app directly, but as soon as I try to play via Sky Stream my tv loses connection to the puck. If I hit the back button on the remote sky stream goes back to the menu page in Disney plus and the connection is regained. Something similar happens with the Apple TV app, except I cannot get back to the menu unless I turn off the puck by disconnecting the power supply. Is it that some TVs don't accept the particular type of 4K file that Disney and Apple TV are streaming?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@EzBoii wrote:

I have the same issue. I can stream 4K Disney plus from my tv app directly, but as soon as I try to play via Sky Stream my tv loses connection to the puck. If I hit the back button on the remote sky stream goes back to the menu page in Disney plus and the connection is regained. Something similar happens with the Apple TV app, except I cannot get back to the menu unless I turn off the puck by disconnecting the power supply. Is it that some TVs don't accept the particular type of 4K file that Disney and Apple TV are streaming?

All 4K content on Disney+ has HDR so your puck needs to have established that your TV is capable of receiving HDR via the HDMI handshake on startup, otherwise it will default to HD or can crash.

What brand of TV do you have? Are you using the HDMI cable which came with the puck? Is the HDMI port on the TV enabled for HDR? 

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@EzBoii I've got an issue with AppleTV on the puck trying to push Dolby Vision as the HDR format of choice but my TV doesn't support this format so it drops back to HD output..  it's never done it on Disney+ though 

Elliott930
Topic Author
This message was authored by Elliott930 This message was authored by: Elliott930

It would appear there's an issue with the software on sky puck. My TV is capable of this output, It does so on Netflix and Sky movies fine with HDR). Disney plus works perfectly on my Xbox but not on Sky Puck. I believe this to be yet another issue with the unstable forever crashing Sky puck!

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

What TV do you have, make and model?

Without looking through the whole thread, what happens when you try playing disney+, does it start then go blank, or something like that?

This message was authored by EzBoii1 This message was authored by: EzBoii1

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K UR3 OLED. It's a fairly new tv so I'd be surprised if it didn't support HDR. I can stream HDR from within the tv itself ie from Netflix app directly.

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@EzBoii1 wrote:

Hi, I have a Sony Bravia 4K UR3 OLED. It's a fairly new tv so I'd be surprised if it didn't support HDR. I can stream HDR from within the tv itself ie from Netflix app directly.

Check that the HDMI port you have your Stream puck attached to is capable of receiving 4K 60P with HDR. It may be that only certain ports are capable or you need to enable it for the enhanced format. 

This message was authored by TechMaster This message was authored by: TechMaster

This only thing I can think of if check what format the TV supports, the Sky Box outputs at a different Hz then the native tv apps do.

For example my old TV didnt work with Dolby Vision content via the sky apps, but was fine with the TV apps, it was down to my TV specs

This message was authored by EzBoii1 This message was authored by: EzBoii1

So I checked and I had sky stream into hdmi 4, but noticed the other ports were labelled earc/arc. Seems to work now in those ports! Thanks you so much!

@EzBoii1 wrote:

So I checked and I had sky stream into hdmi 4, but noticed the other ports were labelled earc/arc. Seems to work now in those ports! Thanks you so much!

eARC means enhanced Audio Return Channel. It's used for sending audio out to an external soundbar or amplifier, but if you don't use or need those then you can use it for a higher bandwidth input from any other source, such as your Stream puck.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion