Discussion topic: Moving forward tv shows under the banner

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Moving forward tv shows under the banner

Just spoken to sky help team they ran tests and they said it's very high on latency and I watched an episode of the bill from the show list and it stopped working  so there now saying its possible thats what's causing the issues so they request a software update which I've sent over to them 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

High latency

Just chatting to sky help team there stating you have a very high level of latency and broadband connection isn't strong enough to cope with puck its very high in latency apparently ran tests 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Who is your broadband provider and your expected speed?

Can you run a Speedtest from a device (mobile/tablet/laptop) that sits in the same room as your puck and let us know the results

Therevare plenty of speedtests out there, choose one you prefer. Or use Google or the like to search for one.

An easy one to use is;

https://www.netmeter.co.uk/

Run it and let us know the ping, download and upload readings.

Also can you go into Netflix on your puck and pan down the menu on the left  to  the bottom and across at the bottom to Get help.

Click on agent help , pan down to Check your network, click on that and tell us the reading that eventually shows after a short time in connection speed.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: High latency

Hi @Jonathanphillip 

Not sure what advice you are after? We are fellow subscribers and can't access your account.

Stream requires 25Mbps for HD and 30 Mbps for UHD. Latency refers to the time it takes for a data packet to go from one location to another. High latency will cause issues for streaming.

You don't say who your ISP is, or what your speed and connection type is, but it would be worth speaking to your ISP to see what your options are. I.e upgrade from a copper product to a fiber product etc.

If your stream isn't working there are a few things you can do to see if it will help. Connecting via ethernet instead of WiFi and turning WiFi off in the settings menu may help. You can check the speed your puck is getting by opening netflix opening the menu and scrolling down and across to get help? And then selecting check network connection.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Post updated as was duplicate thread was moved - content repeated

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

12 ping download speed is 120.2  upload speed 90.56 that's from a speed test which was provided to me 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

12 ping download speed is 120.2  upload speed 90.56 that's from a speed test which was provided to me 

@Jonathanphillip was that the results from a speed test you ran from the puck via the Netflix app?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

No it's not its from the speed test which they gave me to try out on here for results 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Netflix results for speed connection 35.40mbps and 35.55 mbps 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Speed test from Netflix are 35 .40 mbps 35 .55 mbps  35.18 mbps 35.48 mbps 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

Netflix speed results

Due to sky stream issues here is the results from Netflix speed test 35.40  35.55  35 .18  35 .48  35 .21 programmes would freeze and stop working and start playing up when watching them 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Netflix speed results

@Jonathanphillip  Those speeds are borderline for UHD and you need at least 25mbps for HD 

Minimum recommended broadband speeds apply and might change depending on your package. We’ll recommend these before you place your order.

You may need faster speeds to get the best experience. Especially when watching in UHD or streaming on more devices at the same time with the Whole Home pack. For more info, see Broadband speeds explained. We also recommend a fibre broadband connection.

If you’re with another provider, you'll need to check your broadband speeds with them.

Recommended minimum broadband speed of 25Mbps. Or 30Mbps if you add an extra Sky Stream puck or to watch in UHD.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

I'm currently on sky broadband 35 which was given to me from sky ideal for streaming for sky stream 

Jonathanphillip
Topic Author

We already cancelled the ultra atmos HD package with sky I don't watch in HD many thanks 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Jonathanphillip  If you have other members of the family using the ineterrnet or yourself using broadband at the same time then 35mbps will stuggle as advised above.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion