Discussion topic: Sound stutter on main event

This message was authored by Ratinthekitchen This message was authored by: Ratinthekitchen

Sound stutter on main event

Hi watching main event uhd with atmos. Every so often the sound cuts out for a split second. Enough to be noticeable and my sound bar redisplays dolby atmos on the display showing it had a disconnect. Is it just me, I remember sound stutter was a big problem a few years ago. Not noticed it in HD, only main event so must be a dolby atmos issue. Was a problem during boro Sunderland, happened a few times already during man utd West ham 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sound stutter on main event

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you so much for highlighting this problem.

We're sorry you're experiencing the issue, I've passed the details to our support teams to investigate.

I'll mark the thread as answered, however this doesn't mean the problem is fixed, it allows others to see what the most recent updates are.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Juniorjbc This message was authored by: Juniorjbc

I'm experiencing the same problem went to sky premier league and I selected watch in UHD and it doesn't happen so it has to be the channel causing the issue 

This message was authored by Nilpferd This message was authored by: Nilpferd

Same here, it's been doing it for the last few days..

This message was authored by BigH This message was authored by: BigH

I have noticed this appear as well over last few days - Same issue if Atmos sound played on TV or AMP, but if you rewind and play again, not there.

This message was authored by Rob1999 This message was authored by: Rob1999

Sound drop outs

Thought this was a thing of the past? Been awful drop outs of sound On football this afternoon.

This message was authored by daveym39 This message was authored by: daveym39

Having same issues - LG Oled - LG soundbar 

This message was authored by themattstar This message was authored by: themattstar

Yeah suddenly having this issue over the past couple of days. Change to just normal audio output and it is ok but any dolby output the sound cut outs now and then. Annoying. 

This message was authored by Drcarrera This message was authored by: Drcarrera

Yep, happening with me as well watching the Arsenal Liverpool match. Sky Q into an Arcam FMJ receiver.

I used to get this in the early days of UHD/Atmos on Sky but then they seemed to fix it. But it's very noticable in this broadcast.

This message was authored by K+Robson This message was authored by: K+Robson

Same issue here

This message was authored by neilsmith72xxx This message was authored by: neilsmith72xxx

Same here

This message was authored by bcfcrule This message was authored by: bcfcrule

Same.

This message was authored by WHITCHY5 This message was authored by: WHITCHY5

Yep, you can add me to the list too. "Every so often the sound cuts out for a split second. Enough to be noticeable and my sound bar redisplays dolby atmos on the display showing it had a disconnect." This is exactly what is happening to me with my Samsung Atmos soundbar.

Thank you to juniorjbc for the suggested workaround as it was really starting to do my head in. Definitely a channel issue as already stated, relieved to certain extent that I'm not the only one suffering with this problem.

This message was authored by horseman57 This message was authored by: horseman57

Yep...me too.

Noticed it yesterday Arsenal v Liverpool and same this evening Brentford v Man City.

Audio drops for split second intermittently.

Very very annoying!!!

This message was authored by Phil4477 This message was authored by: Phil4477

Same here. Noticed it the weekend on the Westham game. Sound cuts out momentarily on DD+ and DD setting. Not so bad on "normal" but you can notice sound volume dipping every few minutes. Watching Brentford/Man City now, still happening on Main Event but on Premier League channel selected watch in UHD and no problem. Got to be an issue with Main Event channel?

This message was authored by IngDogg This message was authored by: IngDogg

Agree with all of this. It used to happen a few years ago. Coincidence is I just got a new av set up and the problem is back but it does seem limited to certain channels and the PL channel in UHD works without issue currently. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion