Discussion topic: Sky mini box not working after having Sky Q box replaced

This message was authored by ianmerseyside This message was authored by: ianmerseyside

Sky mini box not working after having Sky Q box replaced

I got a replacement Sky Q box earlier today after the old one stopped working.  Everything with the new Q box is fine and it works perfectly.  Well done to Sky for despatching my new box so quickly. However, my existing Sky mini box (previously connected via wifi) doesn't work now and is permanently in stand by mode with red light.  I can't get the green light to come on, despite pressing and holding the reset button at the back and then powering back on.  I have checked the settings  on the Sky Q box and the Sky mini option is enabled.  I have also downloaded the latest software on the Q box. Any suggestions, or do I need to order a replacement mini box?  If so, what is the process as I can't see an option on-line.  

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Sky mini box not working after having Sky Q box replaced

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @ianmerseyside, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86 Answer

Re: Sky mini box not working after having Sky Q box replaced

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there @ianmerseyside, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion