Discussion topic: Sky installed a month ago but still no viewing card.

Matt114
Topic Author
This message was authored by Matt114 This message was authored by: Matt114

Re: Sky installed a month ago but still no viewing card.

@Daniel0210 @Addie15 

Hi again.

Is there any chance this can be escalated again please so I can direct chat to someone well before the 4.30pm ROU cut off?
Looking back through emails and contracts, I first actually ordered Sky on 28th November 2023, and still no viewing card, despite everything originally mentioned above since then.

(Power is back up here now.)

Thanjs,

Matt

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I've re-escalated but I believe they are quite busy so it might not be a super quick response.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Matt114 an invite to chat.

Matt114
Topic Author

Dear Diary,

And so it goes on...

Went onto the direct/chat message this morning as instructed as the issue had been escalated.

Was asked if it was an Irish account and was told at 11.29am...

"Ok no worries i'll pop this over to our Irish colleges and let them know about this escalation. Have a great day 👍"

It is now 4.40pm and have heard absolutely nothing since even though the chat was left open. I even asked 'Any news' and 'Will the Irish colleagues reply on this chat', just to give it a prod.

Nothing.

And of course it's now past 4.30pm so the Ireland message service stops then.

I know it says something about the chat will stay open for 48 hours, but come on guys. Do I really have to put up with this level of service?

Of course, the answers no, I should just cancel the account, but seems a shame as we always had Sky in England and we have had the engineer instal everything here in Ireland back in December. And it was originally all ordered on November 28th 2023, so it's really getting on for 2 months and no viewing card!!

So, in tomorrow's installment of "Viewing Card - The Never Ending Story', I'm guessing I'll be either:

- seeing if someone from Sky actually goes on the chat system tomorrow

- phoning up the call centre in India for the 4th time, ready to be lied to once again (see original post)

- contacting the complaints department

- canceling our sky account

Is there really not a human being working at or for Sky who can resolve this?

Tune in tomorrow folks for some more tedious adventures in your favourite show 'Viewing Card - The Never Ending Story'.

PS Apologies for the sarcasm.

PPS Not really.

Matt114
Topic Author

@Greenfingers001 @Chodley @Daniel0210 @Addie15 

Morning folks.

Can someone please tell me if I need to ask for this to be escalated yet again (but this time please directly with the ROI system) so I can get some king of answer?

As you can see from the attached image, it all went quiet in yesterday morning's message service...

Thanks,

Matt

sky message.png

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Matt114 

No need for another escalation. The chat is still open as you've managed to reply on it this morning. For future reference there is no direct route for us (Superusers) to escalate something direct to a ROI agent.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

It's worth pinging them again in that chat to ensure it stays alive. If it lies dormant for 48 hours it auto-closes.

Matt114
Topic Author

@Chodley @Daniel0210 @Greenfingers001 @Addie15 

Dear Diary,

Oh Sky, Sky, Sky, why is it so hard?

Had brief conversation with escalated direct messaging today.

After telling 'Steve' about the whole saga in the morning (so by my calculations that's now about 7 people I've had to repeat the history to), about 1.30pm I was told he would get back to me when he has answer back his escalation.

I chased up about 3.30pm and was told he was still waiting and should have something soon.

Then the direct chat bubble disappeared soon after 4.30pm.

Oh, and then at 5.30pm I got an email saying:....

"Hello Matt,
Thanks for contacting us recently.
The unique reference number for your query is xxxxxxxxxx. Please keep this for your records and quote this should you need to contact us in the future.
We will do all we can to resolve the issue you raised as soon as possible. We will respond to you within 10 working days on your matter.

Thanks,
Your Sky Team"

REALLY? 10 DAYS?!

Maybe this was from one of the many previous contacts with Sky, but it's a coincidence that the bubble disappears and I get this email.

Like I said the chat bubble disappeared, so presumably my case has to get escalated on here again tomorrow to then go through the same thing tomorrow with the online chat??

Un-bloody-believable.

Think I'll just have to give up and phone the complaints department and cancel everything??

What a complete joke.

More from this sorry tale tomorrow folks.

Ggggrrrrhhhhhh.

PS It's really annoying.

PPS No, I mean reeeaaallllllyyyyy, really, bloody annoying.

Matt114
Topic Author

Groundhog day (again).

As predicted, no messaging bubble this morning.

WE JUST NEED OUR VIEWING CARD THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SENT SINCE NOV/DEC 2023!!!!!!

Can one of the super users please give me a phone number that doesn't go through to the call centre in India as I have tried that 4 times since December and each time they say it's being sent out, and it isn't.

I have tried the escalated messaging service 2 or 3 times now, and each time I give details and they say they'll get back to me and never do.

WHAT AM I EXPECTED TO DO?!

UNBELIEVABLE.

@Daniel0210 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Matt114 

Your issue has been brought to the attention of Community staff on a closed forum and hopefully they can help expedite things. 

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

It appears I'm caught in a never-ending cycle...

I just phoned the complaints number on the Sky website which of course just goes through to a call centre in India.

Gave my details as usual and had to recount the sordid tale so far once again.

They only have my call on 17th Jan on file, not the previous 2 calls on 2nd and 11th Jan, or the fact there was no viewing card sent..

30 minutes later I was told:

- as I had raised a complaint it can't be "brought to a resolution" till Jan 28th (a Sunday!).

- I asked what that meant and she couldn't tell me, it will just be brought to a resolution.

- I asked when would our viewing card be sent out, she said after it had been resolved.

- I asked when would I receive the viewing card, she said after it has been brought to a resolution it would take 3-5 working days if it's sent out.

- I asked why it couldn't just be sent out by express delivery as we obviously haven't received it, it's on the sky system as not being sent out, and why would I waste all this time on it even if we had received it.

- She just repeated the script that nothing can happen till my complaint is brought to a resolution on Jan 28th.

- But oh joy...she said I wouldn't be charged for any TV until the case is resolved. Ah that's OK then, thanks very much...

IS IT ME?!

I can't offer an opinion on that until the case is resolved.

Dear oh dear.

Per your question above, we don't have any special phone number I'm afraid. It is astonishing that they can't just trigger whatever makes a card get manufactured and put in a DHL envelope.

Matt114
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 

Any more news on this?

Thanks,

Matt

@Matt114 

No. There won't be now until Monday at the earliest. 

Sky customer since 2001
Matt114
Topic Author

Latest episode from "Viewing Card - The Never-Ending Story" has just dropped....

Just phoned Sky.

Went through everything again.

Call centre person spoke to her supervisor allegedly (which has happened before of course).

I was then told a viewing card would be sent out and it would take 3 working days to arrive, so I should look out for it on Monday 5th Feb.

I explained I had been told this every time I've phoned up, but was once again they promised it would be sent this time.

I asked why couldn't it be sent quicker via some express delivery and she said this is the quickest they could deliver it, it would normally be 5-7 working days.

She said "fingers crossed it arrives but if it doesn't just phone us again".

Sky really, really need to sort their customer service out.

And there is no means of talking to Sky direct or to by-pass the call centre.

Any numbers that appear on Google either forward to the call centre (including their corporate offices number) or are no longer in use, etc.

The escalated messenging on here hasn't worked either, I just get no reply after giving initial details.

A very poor customer service experience and order processing from Sky considering the simplicity of sending a viewing card for a brand new account.

No doubt I'll be posting on Monday 5th Feb to say it hasn't arrived.

Ggggrrrrhhhhh.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion