Discussion topic: Sending Back Equipment that i purchased.

This message was authored by Zok This message was authored by: Zok

Sending Back Equipment that i purchased.

After cancelling my sky Q,( would not give me a new customer deal said i had to leave for 18mths so i left. then they tried to give me a deal but i had aleady gone  with another provider) Sky say they are sending out bag to return my equipment, but should i need to send it back if i purchased it Q box and 2 multi room boxes ?

surley they must belong to me, not that i want them for anything just think they have a cheek.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Sending Back Equipment that i purchased.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zok wrote:

After cancelling my sky Q,( would not give me a new customer deal said i had to leave for 18mths so i left. then they tried to give me a deal but i had aleady gone  with another provider) Sky say they are sending out bag to return my equipment, but should i need to send it back if i purchased it Q box and 2 multi room boxes ?

surley they must belong to me, not that i want them for anything just think they have a cheek.

Afraid you cannot purchase q boxes @Zok 

Any charges up front are for Activation and setup.

All Q boxes belong to Sky and are only rented to you/

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Zok wrote:

Afraid you cannot purchase q boxes @Zok 

Any charges up front are for Activation and setup.

All Q boxes belong to Sky and are only rented to you/

Zok
Topic Author

Hi, Thanks for response. i seem to remember my box was faulty years ago and i had to replace it which i paid for 100 and something pounds 1TB box. surley if it was loaned they would have repaired my box and not after pay for another or im i not getting the hire/loan senareo wrong ?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Zok wrote:

Hi, Thanks for response. i seem to remember my box was faulty years ago and i had to replace it which i paid for 100 and something pounds 1TB box. surley if it was loaned they would have repaired my box and not after pay for another or im i not getting the hire/loan senareo wrong ?

Hi @Zok 
Sky only charge for replacement boxes if you Upgrade the box to UHD .

When they are faulty they are replaced free of charge (Like for Like).

There is no if they are loaned!    
They are loaned and this is made clear in the Terms and Conditions when you started your contract for Q,

Zok
Topic Author

Thanks for the information 

Zok
Topic Author

Ive had Q since it first came out so were they also loaned at this time ? as i cant remember, i do remember paying when it was faulty but also updated toUHD 

Again thaks for the replys.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Zok wrote:

Ive had Q since it first came out so were they also loaned at this time ? as i cant remember, i do remember paying when it was faulty but also updated toUHD 

SKY Q has always been loaned

As @oldfella says when faulty it is replaced Free of charge on a like for like basis.

However there is/was an Admin fee charge to upgrade from a non UHD box to UHD (or from a non HDR box to HDR)  or extra mini boxes

Zok
Topic Author

ok thanks, i will send it back then lol 🙄

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Zok wrote:

ok thanks, i will send it back then lol 🙄

One important piece of advice we give everyone with returns is to make sure that you keep your proof of posting almost indefinitely

The returns process is not quite as effective as it could be and many people who have returned kit get charged non return fees, so having the proof of posting speeds up the processes to get any such fees refunded (or stopped before being charged)

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Zok wrote:

As I said @Zok 

It will be clearly specified in your account terms and conditions when you subscribed.

It's always been the same.

You were charged because you upgraded your Q box and it wasn't a "like for like" replacements 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion