Discussion topic: Notification banner, bottom right of the screen

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Notification banner, bottom right of the screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@I+do+not+care wrote:

not TV, change input to Fire TV and Notification goes, go to Macbook (HDMI) no message, only on Sky. So deffo nack all to do with TV, plus odd only SKY customers have this issue

@I+do+not+care what make of TV do you have ?  

plus as why would someone that doesnt have Sky come onto a Sky forum to say their TV has a notification on the screen so you don't know it's only Sky customers only having this problem with a notification appearing on screen 

I don't have this problem but I have a LG TV

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@I+do+not+care wrote:

not TV, change input to Fire TV and Notification goes, go to Macbook (HDMI) no message, only on Sky. So deffo nack all to do with TV, plus odd only SKY customers have this issue

Of course being a SKY forum we are likely to have SKY & thus will be  a common denominator for posters on here but does not mean the message is from SKY

When I got the icon I was on my Firestick - my SKY box had not been powered on & it was indeed linked to a message from Sony advising stopping casting to some apps 

This message was authored by I+do+not+care This message was authored by: I+do+not+care

... more information 

This message was authored by MGD This message was authored by: MGD

I have had same problem for several days and found forum answers helped . Mine is Sony tv and banner disappears when changing from Sky Q to TV. Using Sony remote.

@MGD wrote:

I have had same problem for several days and found forum answers helped . Mine is Sony tv and banner disappears when changing from Sky Q to TV. Using Sony remote.

@MGD 

Have you tried using your TV remote to select the button  & get the warning notification  ? (which should then stop it from being shown again).

No, but banner has gone - for now- I will try that when(if) it reappears..thanks!

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@I+do+not+care wrote:

... more information 

Why is it an issue the notification is not from the Sky Q box most messages are displayed at the top of the screen for example you might get a message saying your Sky Q box will turn off or go into standby mode 

The Sky Q box doesn't have a notification setting like your tv has most notifications are from your tv not the Sky Q box.

This message was authored by 8illy8oy This message was authored by: 8illy8oy

I have a Sony TV, this is a notification from Sony relating to screen casting service termination when trying to cast netflix and YouTube, not related to Skyy whatsoever

What is screen casting when it's home? and how can I get rid of it?

@MGD wrote:

What is screen casting when it's home? and how can I get rid of it?

hi @MGD 

Casting is the ability for an app on a phone or tablet to use the TV to display what is on being shown/selected on the mobile device

As mentioned earlier, if you see it again you should be able to use your TV's remote to select the icon to then get the full warning notification message - once I had seen that & dismissed it I have not had the notification icon again

This message was authored by MichaelByrne This message was authored by: MichaelByrne

Same here, it's on my Sony Bravia! Notification of certain services been discontinued by Sony.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion