Discussion topic: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

This message was authored by RobertHaines This message was authored by: RobertHaines

My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

My new Samsung tv keeps not connecting to Sky Q box. It says no signal and check power device. The only way I can get it to connect again is reset Sky Q box. I spoke to Samsung but they told me it's an issue with quality of hdmi cable. I am using hdmi cable that came with the Sky Q box. Samsung said I should use high-speed HDMI cable or HDMI 2.1 cable. Anybody else had this issue? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

@RobertHaines wrote:

My new Samsung tv keeps not connecting to Sky Q box. It says no signal and check power device. The only way I can get it to connect again is reset Sky Q box. I spoke to Samsung but they told me it's an issue with quality of hdmi cable. I am using hdmi cable that came with the Sky Q box. Samsung said I should use high-speed HDMI cable or HDMI 2.1 cable. Anybody else had this issue? 

HDMI cables can fail but are cheap to replace. You can get a high quality HDMI 2.1 cable from Amazon for around £5.

It'll be quicker than asking Sky to send you one.  

This message was authored by popacatapetal This message was authored by: popacatapetal

Re: My new Samsung tv not recognising Sky Q box. Says no Signal and check power device

You could try this:-

Ensure tv and sky q box are both switched on.

Press Home button on Samsung TV remote.

Press up arrow on Samsung remote to select the menu bar.

Scroll across to the Sky TV tab and press ok

Now select dismiss button on Sky remote and the Sky output should now be on your screen.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is this another case of a samsung TV crashing the Q box if you turn off the TV while the Q is still on?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion