Discussion topic: Netflix

This message was authored by FoysalAhmed This message was authored by: FoysalAhmed

Netflix

There is breach of GDPR from Sky as my sky Netflix shows is Spanish with different user name and PIN For access

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FoysalAhmed 

There are other posts on this issue and the suggestion is your Netflix account may have been hacked and to contact Netflix. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@FoysalAhmed wrote:

There is breach of GDPR from Sky as my sky Netflix shows is Spanish with different user name and PIN For access

@FoysalAhmed there is no breach of GDPR from Sky as @Daniel0210 says your Netflix has been hacked and you need to contact Netflix to get this sorted 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@FoysalAhmed 

Typically this happens where either the same email/password combination is in use elsewhere and has been extracted from that (less secure) environment, or someone legitimately knowing the combination has been tricked into signing into a fake Netflix front-end, typically by following a URL in email or text.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

There is also a darkweb market in valid authentication tokens for netflix, which they seem to be doing nothing about, which seems to allow a "valid" login from any old device on the planet without needing the email address or password Fortunately they can't change the exiating password without re-authenticating but I read that the perps sometimes add a credit card to the account (with no intention of billing it) so they can then validate ownership of their hijacked account with netflix in order to do a password & email change. So always look out for unrecognised cards on the account when this happens.

I haven't seen anything definitive that explains how these get lifted but browser vulnerabilities and cross-site scripting attacks have been suggested.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion