Discussion topic: How to switch off Audio description of speaker volume

This message was authored by Bushalltop This message was authored by: Bushalltop

How to switch off Audio description of speaker volume

Our Sky Q box suddenly decides now to tell us in a very loud voice, ignoring the actual volume set what our volume level is set at. Also with Unmutes. I have been through all the options and have switched on and off all the audio descriptions. No where does it give a specific option on the  audio descrption on the speaker volume only.

Add to this that I am severely sight impaired and have great difficulty reading the instructions on the help. The feature of highlighting audio description available programs is useless as it makes the Guide selection all white - I cannot see what the program actually is. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: How to switch off Audio description of speaker volume

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bushalltop wrote:

Our Sky Q box suddenly decides now to tell us in a very loud voice, ignoring the actual volume set what our volume level is set at. Also with Unmutes. I have been through all the options and have switched on and off all the audio descriptions. No where does it give a specific option on the  audio descrption on the speaker volume only.

Add to this that I am severely sight impaired and have great difficulty reading the instructions on the help. The feature of highlighting audio description available programs is useless as it makes the Guide selection all white - I cannot see what the program actually is. 

hi @Bushalltop 

This sounds like it is likely to be your TV itself rather than your SKY box - particularly as SKY itself does not control sound level - the remote is paired to your TV's IR setting

Try using your TV's own remote and searching settings in your TVs menus

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bushalltop wrote:

hi @Bushalltop 

This sounds like it is likely to be your TV itself rather than your SKY box - particularly as SKY itself does not control sound level - the remote is paired to your TV's IR setting

Try using your TV's own remote and searching settings in your TVs menus

This message was authored by Sukigould This message was authored by: Sukigould

Hi, can I ask if you ever resolved this problem.  I am experiencing the same thing at the moment

Bushalltop
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bushalltop This message was authored by: Bushalltop

I find the problem was actually on the telly not the Sky Qbox. It was quite a long procedure to find it on the TV. I have a Sony TV bought about five years ago. I still find it strange that one accidental press on the remote control would have activated it. And there was no clear indication of what that button was on the remote control. In addition I only have 5% of my eyesight left so being Classified as being blind doesn't help.

Hope this helps

This message was authored by Sukigould This message was authored by: Sukigould

Thank you. It seems I have experienced the same problem-my dog lay on the remote control so I don't know how she selected the button that has caused the problem. I too have a Sony tv which I purchased about 6 years ago so its obviously something connected to their device. I will have to contact them for assistance but thanks for your response 

Bushalltop
Topic Author

You could use the microphone option on the remote which on ours is the middle button of the top row, To ask for audio description off Or something similar. Our button has fallen off  and it wasn't from overuse. I hardly ever talk to the Telly or the sky box any more as I can't really see the screen. However I still have to fix these technological items as I am the man in the house.!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion