Discussion topic: Hi, my Sky Q box is not receiving the BBC1 channel without a lot of interference. This happens on bo

This message was authored by BarbaraHO This message was authored by: BarbaraHO

Hi, my Sky Q box is not receiving the BBC1 channel without a lot of interference. This happens on bo

Hi, my Sky Q box is not receiving the BBC1 channel. This also happens on both the mini Q boxes

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Hi, my Sky Q box is not receiving the BBC1 channel without a lot of interference. This happens o

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BarbaraHO 

Any error message displayed at the top of the screen? Could be your dish is out of alignment.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
BarbaraHO
Topic Author

Re: Hi, my Sky Q box is not receiving the BBC1 channel without a lot of interference. This happens o

There is no error message.

How can the dish be realigned?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@BarbaraHO 

If that is the issue it’s not something that will necessarily be visible to the naked eye and could only affect one or two channels. If you’re on a communal dish you may initially need to liaise with your landlord or building management company but otherwise it'll need an engineer to check it. 

Sky customer since 2001
BarbaraHO
Topic Author

It's a private house. Is that something a sky engineer could/should do?

@BarbaraHO 

Yes it is as long as you have your own dish.

Have you tried a reboot of your main box yet? Do the main box, then once that’s back up and running do the same with any mini boxes if necessary-
~ Using the remote put your main Sky Q box into standby
~ switch the box off at the plug
~ wait at least 30 seconds and then switch the box back on at the plug
~ follow the on screen instructions
~ when the screen goes blank and the blue Q stops pulsating wait another 30 seconds
~ press the 🏠 button

Sky customer since 2001
BarbaraHO
Topic Author

I have tried all that several times. It hasn't worked.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion