Discussion topic: Can my SkyQ remote control my Sony DVD player?

This message was authored by Almostpastit This message was authored by: Almostpastit

Can my SkyQ remote control my Sony DVD player?

We have recently purchased a new Samsung Smart TV and we control it with our Sky Q remote.

we also have a Sony DVD player on HDMI2 and I would like to know if it's possible to control it with my Sky Q remote.

Thanks in anticipation.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Can my SkyQ remote control my Sony DVD player?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Almostpastit wrote:

We have recently purchased a new Samsung Smart TV and we control it with our Sky Q remote.

we also have a Sony DVD player on HDMI2 and I would like to know if it's possible to control it with my Sky Q remote.

Thanks in anticipation.

hi @Almostpastit 

The short answer is no.

The SKY Q remote only controls power & Source input of TVs  & Volume of TVs or Audio Equipment

A DVD player would need far more commands to be of any use

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Can my SkyQ remote control my Sony DVD player?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Almostpastit wrote:

Thanks in anticipation.

hi @Almostpastit 

The short answer is no.

The SKY Q remote only controls power & Source input of TVs  & Volume of TVs or Audio Equipment

A DVD player would need far more commands to be of any use

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion