Discussion topic: Can I have an extra remote for my Sky W box?

This message was authored by Edward+Debaes This message was authored by: Edward+Debaes

Can I have an extra remote for my Sky W box?

I have just switched to Sky Q. Do you know if I can have an extra remote control for a Sky Q box? Or both remotes will control the one box. 
we are used to having this on the old system but the installation engineer didn't think two would work?

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Can I have an extra remote for my Sky W box?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Edward+Debaes wrote:

I have just switched to Sky Q. Do you know if I can have an extra remote control for a Sky Q box? Or both remotes will control the one box. 
we are used to having this on the old system but the installation engineer didn't think two would work?

Hi @Edward+Debaes 

You can only pair one bluetooth remote at a time to a Q box.

If you set one to infrared then it will work in addition to one set to Bluetooth.

However yo need direct line of sight for an infrared remote and you will have no voice control with infrared.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Can I have an extra remote for my Sky W box?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Edward+Debaes wrote:

Hi @Edward+Debaes 

You can only pair one bluetooth remote at a time to a Q box.

If you set one to infrared then it will work in addition to one set to Bluetooth.

However yo need direct line of sight for an infrared remote and you will have no voice control with infrared.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion