Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This message was authored by craftyjax This message was authored by: craftyjax

Unable to use mobile data

I also have the same problem Sky have told me there are mast issues in my area however, I am still unable to use my data in other regions too

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Unable to use mobile data

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you very much for filling out the form we created above. We've managed to identify an issue with the network that has affected some users on this thread, this should now be fixed and we've contacted as many users as possible.

There are other examples we've found on this thread where we have not been able to see any obvious issues with the network and it is working as expected. I recommend going through our online Help guide for assistance (as we can see some users on the thread do not have Mobile Data switched on), you can do this here and if you are still experiencing issues please feel free to create a separate post on the Community or contact Sky directly.

Thank you,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

craftyjax
Topic Author
This message was authored by craftyjax This message was authored by: craftyjax

Re: Unable to use mobile data in all regions

My mobile data has stopped working also unless connected to WIFI.  
 I have also reset the phone several times.
Have spoken to with customer services  to no avail,
was told there a re mast issues in my area, but I still cant use my data in other regions too
I would appreciate it if you could escalate this

This message was authored by noofighter This message was authored by: noofighter

Yet another disaster, no connectivity in London. I have lost count of the amount of times Sky mobile data has failed. Sick of it. Literally in Moorgate.

This message was authored by CharlieJ2 This message was authored by: CharlieJ2

No Mobile data connection for 5 days now!

I still have no mobile data connection...its been 5 days and us now beyond a joke.

SKY stop closing our threads and start resolving the obvious issue for which you are clearly burying your heads in the sand.

@www.sky.com 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: No Mobile data connection for 5 days now!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CharlieJ2 
Does any mast issues show here for you:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

If not have you tried turning off all networks connections, then reboot your phone before turning the network settings again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CharlieJ2 

That's another (different ) customer you've tagged.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by CharlieJ2 This message was authored by: CharlieJ2

I have no connection even in other areas where there are no mast issues...

I have reset my phone and restarted my phone, cleared cache also still no mobile Internet connection 

This message was authored by stef+ciavucco This message was authored by: stef+ciavucco

3 sky phones in the family, 2 working 1 unable to get on internet and can only make calls, no txt or iMessage, this is beyond a joke ! Live chat today they told me the problem was fixed ! 

This message was authored by Oz-RG-1986 This message was authored by: Oz-RG-1986

So far....5days no Data.

No mast issues (checked and had messages from Sky reminding me)

Have tried following community help pages but the 'download network settings' keeps throwing up errors.

Tried to restart phone, tried to use airplane mode, tried to disable the connection to sky (via mobile networks) and reconnect.

None of these have solved the problem

I recognise that for some (and Sky) the network is 'stable' but there is still a proportion of users who have no access to anything. 

This is unacceptable and to just close a thread does not solve an issue.

I would call them during work hours but as i dont have the ability to do so, i cant!

Continued annoyance and disapointment

This message was authored by lew5 This message was authored by: lew5

have had no data/connectivity since last thurs, 5 days no data can only access tnternet if connected via wifi.

whats truly confusing is someone in the same house as me on the sky network has data but i do not.

infuriating and disruptive as i am often away from wifi when at work, needs to be fixed ASAP.

This message was authored by M+Little This message was authored by: M+Little

No Data when on a call (again)

Before I make a call I have 4G or even 5G but as soon as I make or answer a call it drops to H+ and it won't connect to anything, no apps no Internet, as soon as the call ends everything is back to normal. I drive for a living and this is not just 1 area of the country it is everywhere I have been today Scotland, Cumbria and Lancashire. VoLTE is on, I've put airplane mode on and off and restarted the phone but no joy. 

This message was authored by hesk1912 This message was authored by: hesk1912

5 days for me too. Two others on Sky work fine in the house. Complaints sent me a troubleshooting guide. Nothing has worked. I've now got a PAC but think the situation is shocking. We are going to move all phones and TV.

This message was authored by Andy149 This message was authored by: Andy149

Mobile data STILL NOT WORKING

101 hours since I had any mobile data. Tried all the fixes suggested, nothing. The response from Sky has been appalling. Moving provider tomorrow 

This message was authored by Denmanhammer This message was authored by: Denmanhammer

Same, appears problem not as fixed as claimed.

Have done multiple resets all to no avail.

This message was authored by DerbyPL This message was authored by: DerbyPL

In a way it is strangely comforting that other people are still having an issue and it is not just me. If you look over Sky support channels everything is back to normal and must be my device, my network or a generic message about a mast (engineers apparately still working on it 👀). There is no help and if one more person tells me have you reboot I will scream. For the avoidance of doubt I have probably rebooted 100 times now. 5 days without service and no acknowledgment that there is a problem is a very strange way of providing 'customer service'. I guess I just keep rebooting 🤬.....(or cancel!!)

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion