Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by jehane This message was authored by: jehane

Re: OTP not being sent

Still having this issue with OTP's from Co op. Very annoyed. Cannot use online banking and as I'm disabled and mostly housebound I rely on online shopping.

This message was authored by Joner1978 This message was authored by: Joner1978

Not receiving OTP codes or other text messages.

I am not receiving OTP codes or other text messages since Friday. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this but nothing has worked.

This message was authored by stoner1967 This message was authored by: stoner1967

Mines still not working from santander.  So annoying 😑 

This message was authored by LindaJay This message was authored by: LindaJay

Re: Not receiving SMS messages

I have been the same since Thursdat at lunchtime. Its really furstrating as I depend on my phone to arrange pickup from home and work. I cannot order my prescription as they send me a code to my mobile and I cannot check my bank statements or pay bills as my bank send me a code too. Its getting beyond a joke now. 

This message was authored by in51der This message was authored by: in51der

SMS out since last Thursday—still not receiving any texts—can send. I have reported and received a compensation payment. I was advised it would be sorted in 24-48 hours, or I could claim more compensation. What a ridiculous situation. The automated message when you ring is that the problem has been rectified, but as the operative explained to me, many customers are still having issues. Interesting use of the word "rectified" in that case. Shambolic.

This message was authored by Kevin20019 This message was authored by: Kevin20019

Still unable to receive OTP as a text message. This is a Sky issue and not the provider as this is happening with multiple applications/portals while other mobile networks are being unaffected. This is not acceptable and is causing major issues for the business as I require access to systems that use 2FA.

This message was authored by lhawker1977 This message was authored by: lhawker1977

Still not working. Over 40 minutes on thr phone to Sky on saturday. Was told someone would call me back to advise monday at the latest.

no call.

just a text message to say their experts are looking at the issue!!

completely unacceptable now. My partner is with Sky and she has the apps im trying to install????

so why cant it be fixed.

swapping to sky was one of the worst decisions ever.

completely useless (Removed)

Moderator note: Removed Inappropriate language

This message was authored by DB011 This message was authored by: DB011

Hi, ever since the network issues last week, I cannot receive an OTP. I have tried everything, is anyone else having this issue? 

This message was authored by Paulleach This message was authored by: Paulleach

Yes I'm still having issues. Can't receive OTP's still. Sky have until tomorrow to contact me about fixing this issue, their words.

Getting hold of sky is not easy! 

Hi, where is the spam folder? 

This message was authored by Paula44 This message was authored by: Paula44

Still no messages since last Thursday 

it's beyond a joke now ...I'm cancelling 

appalling customer service ...not being transparent about a major issue for lots of people by the looks of things 

This message was authored by Shrimper1 This message was authored by: Shrimper1

Text Messages

Even now Sky call centre ops don't appear to acknowledge any problems. I was told to change phones and SIM which i've done but still not working. Wondering how many others have paid out for products they didnt need?  Feel badly let down by SKY. Always recommended them, won't now. 

This message was authored by JohnW102 This message was authored by: JohnW102

I left 2 weeks ago ported to GiffGaff that also works on O2.  But within an hour of transferring was getting all my messages so Sky not an O2 problem not a bank problem your problem. Own up. 

This message was authored by Shrimper1 This message was authored by: Shrimper1

Biggest worry for me is that when I speak to SKY (numerous times over last few days) they oblivious to any issue but reading this forum, it's clear it's been an issue for some weeks. I can send text but can't receive, I've repeated this line so many times in the last three days that I'm losing the will to live.  It gets resolved by next week or I'm done with SKY.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion