Discussion topic: Why isn’t my Sky Go app showing BBC 1 and 2 in my programme list?

This message was authored by PKaye This message was authored by: PKaye

Re: Why isn’t my Sky Go app showing BBC 1 and 2 in my programme list?

I don't know how to get BBC 1 and 2 in the Sky Go app to list. It doesn't make sense. I don't want to have to come out of the app to go into BBC iplayer app whenever I want to record a BBC programme. Why do things only get worse, never better? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PKaye 

All you should need to do is make sure "Record to Sky box" is selected above the TV Guide.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Oggmeista This message was authored by: Oggmeista

The answer given is frankly total **bleep**, The real reason imho is legal, so why not just say this and admit what i already know?

The other da i tried to record some BBC wimbledon tennis, that i had NOT recorded when the program transmitted. Instead i used the search function from the skygo APP to filter out wimbledon associated content..

I found the programs schedule i wanted and proceeded to instruct skygo to record them to my sky Q box, and later i tried to watch, them , first ting to note is that they did show up on the recordings planner, but when i actually tried to watch them, nothing happens and there is no function other than a message which states "delete", even the "record" option which was showing does nothing

However when i tried to play content that  HAD been recorded from i live transmission there was no problem.  Tried again with another program on BBC, same thing happened, tr it from another channel like i did to record the Tour De France,  and the recording works..

So the answer given in response is wrong or a lie, because it seems to me it depends on the original source of the program...

cheers

This message was authored by allscaff44 This message was authored by: allscaff44

Well done Body, excellent fix option 

This message was authored by Mika+Hakkinen This message was authored by: Mika+Hakkinen

@caesarome *UPDATED SOLUTION*

As of January 2024, in the Sky Go app, select TV Guide, and then select the "Record to Sky Box" tab at the top, the first thing we can all see is BBC1 & BBC2 both say "...programmes no longer available." 

IMG_6122.jpeg

(Apologies, I have no idea why a sharp HD picture has been uploaded as this low resolution mess)

I was initially thinking that this is another flare up in the legal/political battles between the BBC & Sky.

(It firstly took a long time for BBC programmes to be able to be downloaded via catch up tv, then they would never have subtitles for several years. Eventually the iPlayer app was put onto Sky boxes. However, those arguments & lack of functionality seemed to have been all sorted for the last year or two.)

I have noticed that the Sky Go app is actually showing the Standard Definition BBC 1 & BBC 2 at the beginning of the TV Guide, which is an error that needs correcting by the Sky Go team because the BBC have/are phasing out their SD channels & turning to only broadcasting in HD (only in 1080i as opposed to 1080p for anyone who wants to know, it doesn't matter whether your own Sky settings & TV are capable & set to 1080p or Ultra HD).

The solution to finding BBC channels to record is either to keep on scrolling down until you get to channel 801 & 802 which should be your own regional version of BBC One & BBC 2.

If your Sky Go app doesn't know what region you are in, or if you are away from home & have connected your app to your host's Sky box in a different region, then scroll down to channel 951, that is where there are all the regional versions of BBC One listed shown as:

BBC One HD

BBC One HD

BBC One HD.....(there's 12 of them listed like this).

If you are just recording any standard programme that you know is available to everyone in the UK all regions, like The Traitors or Bargain Hunt as two random examples, it doesn't matter which version of BBC One you select to record it from, it'll be fine.

On the other hand, if you want to record your own regional news & weather, you'll have to click on each version of BBC One to check what the full name including which region it is from.

For the rest of the UK, BBC One Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland are labelled as such without needing to click on the channel to check it.

This will need monitoring as I assume that eventually, Sky will stop listing the now defunct BBC SD channels at the start of the TV Guide & replace them with the HD versions, so it should get easier once they do that.

Hope that helps people, I'm happy to clarify anything if I've explained it poorly.

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Panasonic ‎TX-55LZ800B 4K OLED
Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V6A 7.2 surround sound
Sky VIP Diamond

@Mika+Hakkinen wrote:

Hope that helps people, I'm happy to clarify anything if I've explained it poorly.

That is correct as the app as always shown the channels like this as it has been this way for years although for me while on 101 is the now closed SD channel on 102 I see the HD one listed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mika+Hakkinen This message was authored by: Mika+Hakkinen

@caesarome wrote:
..."on 102 I see the HD one listed.

That's a bit odd, so where is your BBC Two shown? 802, or somewhere else?

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond

Sorry, I got that the wrong way round. On 101 I see the HD channel and on 102 I see the SD one.

@caesarome wrote:

Sorry, I got that the wrong way round. On 101 I see the HD channel and on 102 I see the SD one.

Do you mean 101 is BBC One HD & 102 is BBC Two SD, or is 102 BBC One SD?

That is odd as it's not even consistant 🤔

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond

For me on the app BBC One HD is on 101 and BBC 2 (SD) is still there on 102.

No it isn't constant at all.

Thanks for confirming that, I was really curious about that.

As we can't be the only ones who have noticed the Sky Go app can't broadcast defunct channels, the Sky team should update the app & correct it.

Sky Q 2TB Ultra HD
Sky VIP Diamond
This message was authored by donna76 This message was authored by: donna76

It doesn't work at all in the app I have tried last few days. Says the programmes are no longer available 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@donna76 

Since the BBC closed down their SD channels they are all over the place on the app so if BBC 1 HD is not 101 for you then look from 951 onwards for it and for BBC 2 HD if it isn't on 102 then look at 802 for it.

This message was authored by donna76 This message was authored by: donna76

Found them thank you 😊 

This message was authored by Germany02 This message was authored by: Germany02

Houston we have a problem. My Sky Go app TV Guide doesn't show BBC as you describe and it doesn't go up to 900. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling. 
Thanks for amazing reply though. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion