Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by TonyW1 This message was authored by: TonyW1

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Hi, 

I am having same problem, cannot record via my app. I am based in Ireland 

anyone able to give some guidance

many thanks

Tony

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

This was a problem a while ago with Sky accounts having a Welsh postcode. The Sky people who monitor this community picked it up and it got fixed eventually although it took a while. I got nowhere speaking to Sky support directly and it was only starting this thread that got a fix. Looks like the same is happening for you in Ireland. If you can get through to Sky, refer them to this thread or perhaps someone from Sky will pick this up and fix it for you over there.  They now know what the problem was with Welsh postcodes so they should know the fix for Irish ones. Good luck. 

This message was authored by Preston+j This message was authored by: Preston+j

Thankyou, I'm in Wales not Ireland 

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Sorry, thought I was replying to the guy in Ireland who has the same issue that we all had last year! Hope they aren't having the same problems. 

This message was authored by Preston+j This message was authored by: Preston+j

To be honest I don't know since the problem I've stopped using Sky Go, but thanks for your help 👍

This message was authored by damienshevlin This message was authored by: damienshevlin

I am in Ireland and this is now occurring with me. Very frustrating as use it all the time and one of the main reasons I stick with sky. Say sorry something went wrong.

IMG_0785.png

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Hi @Kirsty+S27 

Looks like Ireland are now experiencing the same frustrating error that we in Wales had for many, many months - but was finally resolved with your assistance.

Hope you are able to help @damienshevlin and others in Ireland.

JamSpring

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you for letting us know you’re having an issue downloading content from Sky Go to a Set Top Box. We are currently investigating an error that we believe could be impacting some customers in ROI and Scotland and from channels RTE, Virgin, TG4 and STV. Depending on the device you are using, you may experience these error messages:

iOS and Android error: "Sorry, something went wrong. Download request not sent, please try again".

Desktop (PC / Mac) error: "Remote Download Failed. Something went wrong, try restarting the app. If you're still having trouble, please contact our customer service team for help and quote the error code below to get things going again. Code: RD-0" 

If you are one of these customers affected, please could you private message me with the following information as this will aid our tech teams in finding and implementing a fix:

• Your Sky Account number (Please send in increments of 3 such as 622-XXX-XXX-XXX)
  • The exact error message when attempting to remote record or download?
  • What channels are you trying to remote record or download?
  • Any examples of programme name / episodes that are showing this error?

I'm marking this comment as the answer to the thread so more people can see it.

Thank you!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion