Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

OMG! Just tried and Remote Record via Sky GO Extra and it is now working for me! Sends my recording requests to our SkyQ box fine - so it seems to be fixed.

This message was authored by Sammythedog This message was authored by: Sammythedog

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Yes, same for me, all working via the Sky go app.

It's a shame that after all this time waiting for the fix, Sky couldn't tell us it was sorted!

This message was authored by nobyll This message was authored by: nobyll

Working with me to, at bloody last 👌

This message was authored by Si+sky This message was authored by: Si+sky

Fixed for me too at last, thanks everyone for posting to the thread to keep the pressure on sky to resolve this!

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I wanted to keep you all updated on this issue. 

A fix was deployed yesterday which will resolve the issue of remote recording from Sky Go in Wales. 

If you can let me know if you have any further issues with this functionality so I can feed this back to the teams.

Thank you. 

Kirsty

Community Manager
This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Thank you Kirsty

Nice to see that my issue raised on this thread in this community area has been finally resolved. And thanks to all the Welsh community for letting Sky know the extent of the issue. 

Gill

This message was authored by OscarG This message was authored by: OscarG

Yeah just tested and fixed. Thanks 😀

This message was authored by Preston+j This message was authored by: Preston+j

I have multi room, I live in Wales  it still have the same issue 

Hi

i live in North Wales snd all my recording requests say 'request not sent' still, tried again today (16/9/23) and still not sending 

can you assist/advise please?

thanks

Jeff Preston

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

I've just checked mine and it's still working.  If you phone Sky support for help make sure you mention the Wales issue.

Does anyone else on this thread still have the same problem?
Kirsty (Community Manager for this thread and a Sky employee) are there any more issues with this  or should it be fixed for everyone in Wales?

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Hi @Preston+j 

I've just tried remote record and it is still working for me, both via home wifi and with wifi turned off, 4G. Although I've only got SkyGo Extra and not multi-room - so not sure if this is a multi-room related issue.

Hi thanks for your reply, 

Hi 

Thanks got your reply 

Thanks to all who offered advice, for some reason, after many weeks it's just started working? Bizarre but thanks again 

This message was authored by CTTramore This message was authored by: CTTramore

I used to always be able to set up remote recording via my Sky Go app, but in the past 4 weeks or so it's stopped working and all I get is the error message: Sorry, something went wrong. Record request not sent. 

It's so frustrating. I've reinstalled the app. Tried it over wifi and 4G. Still not working. 

I'm based in Ireland. Any other Irish Sky customers started to have this problem? Sky, please sort it out. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion