Discussion topic: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record reques

This message was authored by Stocky69 This message was authored by: Stocky69

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Noticed in TV settings under status that I'm not enabled to connect to sky go....but can't enable it/reactivate. Is this the dodgy setting?

This message was authored by Si+sky This message was authored by: Si+sky

Re: When trying to record a program with Sky Go I get message “sorry something went wrong. Record re

Hi there,  you don't need that ticked apparently (according to sky engineer who visited me), that would only be ticked if you have a multi room subscription.

This message was authored by alunwill71 This message was authored by: alunwill71

I have this issue too. Guess what, from Wales also. 

This message was authored by JamSpring This message was authored by: JamSpring

Hi @alunwill71 /all,

I've had a reply from SkyApps on Tuesday (4th July) who said, "...have escalated this to our fault management.... "

So hopefully there is now a glimmer of hope that this will get the attention it deserves and be finally resolved for those customers in Wales being affected. As so far, we all seem to be from account addresses based Wales - which I have reminded SkyApp of.

I've also reminded SkyAPP it is not just me in Wales being affected, but other customers too - with the numbers growing - and this doesn't include customers who don't use the forums.

If I hear anything more from Sky, I'll update the post.

James

Many thanks James

This message was authored by Sprog69 This message was authored by: Sprog69

Same here, also based in Wales and on all mobile devices , SkyGo App version 23.5.1.

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

I have the same issue and yes I am from Wales too. I have spent hours over the last few days on to sky about it. 3 different advisors who did lots, sent new signals, updated the software you name it we tried it. Still no go. The last advisor Dawn was very helpful and sent it up to their own help area. She got back today saying it's an app issue and will be fixed eventually in a future update but I'm not convinced. I used to be able to set remote record up to a few weeks ago so the app worked welll then. It really looks like it's an issue in Wales. Surely that should give someone at Sky a clue as to where the problem is?

Hi @GillWales,

Totally agree, the advisors help in every which way they can, but they are limited in what they can do. Ultimately the SkyGO APP developers need to sit up and listen to the growing numbers of dissatisfied customers in Wales being affected by this inexcusable bug in their software.  

Finally, there does seem an acceptance by SkyGO APP there is a problem – and as you say, the clues are there to be investigated by the developers. The question is, how much do they value their customers in Wales will determine how much effort they put in to fix this - only time will tell.

James

This message was authored by Tellytastic This message was authored by: Tellytastic

Same problem here and yup, in Wales too. Seems odd that it would be a regional issue so is anybody currently experiencing outside of Wales?

This message was authored by nobyll This message was authored by: nobyll

I tried remote recording from London yesterday & I had the same message ( I'm from wales but I was  in London)

I could have missed others, but as far as I'm aware, from the posts posted to this Community, it appears all those being affected have their home addresses based in Wales.

In terms of the UK, this is reinforced as being a Wales issue only as  @Si+sky who lives in North Wales has exactly the same issues as us in remote recording failing - but when he logged in to my mum's account in the app and try to remote record to her box in Sussex, it sends the request fine.

This message was authored by DaffodilDai This message was authored by: DaffodilDai

I'm not holding my breath! 😜

100% the case. When I'm in wales I can log into mum's English sky go account and successfully send record requests to her box but log back into mine and I get the 'sorry' message. We Both don't have multiroom and are both on bt fibre BB. 

my guess is that it's some kind of subscription issue for Welsh customers as if it were the app then surely I wouldn't be able to send requests to mum's box. Sky resent all the subscription requests to my box and we re-paired the viewing card etc. 

can't think what else it can be tbh. 

This message was authored by Amandalr This message was authored by: Amandalr

I am having the same issue as you all and I live in Pontyclun. Has anyone had it sorted yet? 

Hi all,

The mystery deepens... as having spoken to a very helpful Sky advisor this morning and mentioned I'd installed the latest version of SkyGO onto my iPhone, 23.5.1 - and he said did I know it now has a remote control feature for SkyQ - I didn't know.

It's found under Settings - Devices. And I have to say, it's pretty neat as it allows me to remote control my SkyQ box from my phone, change channels, menu options etc  - so good news - as it also proves the phone can communicate to my SkyQ box via wifi...

...however, despite remote control working fine, with the Sky Advisor still on the phone, I tried remote record - but frustratingly, remote record still fails with the same message.

He said he would pass this onto the support team - along with everything else the support team has asked me to provide, which I had already done previously

The Sky advisor sent a message this afternoon to say that the APPS Team have accepted there is a fault (finally) - and have raised it with the Support Team for further investigation - who have advised there is no timescale for resolution... still very much a waiting game.

SkyGO_RemoteControl.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion