Discussion topic: Trying to setup sky Q box to record sky sports news in SD as do no subscribe to sky hd channels

This message was authored by Gooner18 This message was authored by: Gooner18

Trying to setup sky Q box to record sky sports news in SD as do no subscribe to sky hd channels

When away from home and try to setup to record sky sports news in SD with sky go app as I don't subscribe to sky hd channels it records it in HD so then I'm unable to watch it!! Why are there no recordable SD channels.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Trying to setup sky Q box to record sky sports news in SD as do no subscribe to sky hd chann

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gooner18 

Try channel 866 as that should set the recordings in SD as you can see there will be no longer be HD against the programs as there is with channel 409.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Trying to setup sky Q box to record sky sports news in SD as do no subscribe to sky hd chann

@Gooner18 

Try channel 866 as that should set the recordings in SD as you can see there will be no longer be HD against the programs as there is with channel 409.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Gooner18
Topic Author

Thanks for your help and useful reply, much appreciated 👍

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I have just had a thought @Gooner18 , if you are a Sky Sports customer then you should be able to view the sports channels in HD by default without the need to subscribe to the HD package as it has been this way since 2018 !

Gooner18
Topic Author

Hi,I don't subscribe to  sky sports package, but I get sky sports news SD with with the TV package I have.I wanted to record Ref watch but it only recorded it in HD, but thanks to your previous answer I now know for future reference channel is 866 

Thanks for your reply 👍 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion