Discussion topic: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

This message was authored by FFooty This message was authored by: FFooty

Re: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

I am having the same problem as the people have mentioned, skygo has stopped working ...

You can't use skg go on this device yet... etc

But I've been using it for years!!! 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

@Wassy wrote:

Skygo was checked out by someone else who has BT broadband and there's is not affected at all. It appears to me it is a Sky broadband issue.

The Father in Law has Sky Broadband, Sky Go doesn't work, I have BT Broadband and it does for me, but I can assure you, as mentioned earlier in the thread, this is a Sky account issue relating to Sky Go Extra and has nothing to do with broadband provider.

-------------------------

LG B6 OLED | Sky Q | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K | Xbox One S
This message was authored by Wassy This message was authored by: Wassy

Many thanks for your reply.

I am able to connect to skygo on my xbox when connecting my xbox to my phone for Internet. When I do this I can log on to skygo on my xbox no problem and log in to my sky account too. When I then reconnect my xbox to my sky broadband Internet it is fine to watch skygo. It is the connecting and logging in which sky broadband is preventing me from doing only. I did spend almost an hour with a sky technician who was baffled. They thought it was VPN or antuvirus which was stopping me but it was not.

As mentioned this is also a My Sky Account problem to when trying to log in when using my sky broadband WiFi.

This message was authored by PARRY5 This message was authored by: PARRY5

Hi

I'm having the same issue. I'm a diamond VIP member and have been for a long time. I've always used sky go for years and now it has locked out my devices and won't let me access them.

Can someone refer this to sky experts to sort this out for me please? 

Thanks

This message was authored by Wassy This message was authored by: Wassy

@stereohaven 

Many thanks for your reply.

I am able to connect to skygo on my xbox when connecting my xbox to my phone for Internet. When I do this I can log on to skygo on my xbox no problem and log in to my sky account too. When I then reconnect my xbox to my sky broadband Internet it is fine to watch skygo. It is the connecting and logging in which sky broadband is preventing me from doing only. I did spend almost an hour with a sky technician who was baffled. They thought it was VPN or antuvirus which was stopping me but it was not.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PARRY5  @FFooty 

You need to contact Sky support and ask them to add Sky Go Extra to your account as this has always been a requirement before using the app on a console, it is just with the previous version of the app it wasn't working correctly so customers without Sky Go Extra were able to use the app but with the latest version as you have discovered you now need this on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by AlfRom This message was authored by: AlfRom

I was due a call back from the Sky team today at 1pm about this issue, they were looking into it last night. its gone 2pm and nothing. Thanks Sky...

This message was authored by CBen23 This message was authored by: CBen23

I have the same issue, Sky Go suddenly stopped working. 

can you please help?

Thank you.

This message was authored by JasSFC This message was authored by: JasSFC

Hi all, 
I have just had same issue with my xbox.
Contacting the sky help team on twitter all sorted in about 20 mins,.

@SkyHelpTeam 

Basically had to completely log out of my sky account and log back in without any auto fills. 

This message was authored by Daniel+Hughes This message was authored by: Daniel+Hughes

Hi there, I am also having this issue. I have used sky go for years on various Xbox's however since the update to the app it is not allowing me to watch anymore saying I need a sky go extra subscription. Can you please resolve this? Thanks 

Hi @JasSFC 

thats great that they sorted it for you so quickly. Ive had 3 calls and now Im being told that I need to pay an extra £5 a month for Sky Go Extra... for a service i have had and been using for 13 years or so.

I have had to escalate as a complaint and it will take a week to investigate. really poor

This message was authored by CJR70734 This message was authored by: CJR70734

Why does the SkyGo app play on my iPhone fine, registers as a new device, but on the Xbox it won't work?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@CJR70734 wrote:

Why does the SkyGo app play on my iPhone fine, registers as a new device, but on the Xbox it won't work?

Console requires Sky Go Extra other devices do not

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

As stated previously:

If you haven't got Sky Go Extra/Multiscreen on your account then you do need this as this has always been the case but due to an issue with the previous version of the app it was incorrectly letting users access the app on their consoles without this in place where the latest version of the app as you have now discovered will insist that you have it on your package.

To get Sky Go Extra added you need to call Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome wrote:

As stated previously:

If you haven't got Sky Go Extra/Multiscreen on your account then you do need this as this has always been the case but due to an issue with the previous version of the app it was incorrectly letting users access the app on their consoles without this in place where the latest version of the app as you have now discovered will insist that you have it on your package.

To get Sky Go Extra added you need to call Sky.

Which is at an additional cost of £5 a month (for Sky Go Extra) just to use it on the Xbox. For everyone comenting on this board its something we used to have as a free extra/reward but were never informed it was taken away and we were never made aware we needed it. 

What doesnt make sense is why some people are getting this added for free and others not. Very poorly handled from Sky. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion