Discussion topic: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AlfRom 

Have you checked that you have still got Sky go Extra on your account as it should showing on your billing page even if you get it for free via Sky VIP:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by AlfRom This message was authored by: AlfRom

Hi @caesarome 

I cant see it there, but im not really sure where its supposed to be. The strange thing is weve always had Sky Go Extra (upgraded from Sky Go many years back), and its something i specifically asked to make sure we had when i renewed my last contract. I made sure i could use it on my Xbox to which i was told yes, nothing has changed, because its key for us as its our way of having sky in other rooms and on other TVs without more devices or cables.

What i dont get is whats changed from one day to another? The Sky app on the Xbox gets a big update yesterday and this has suddenly i dont have access to sky on my Xbox because Sky has changed my Sky Go Extra availability?!

It feels like its a fault with the App on Xbox as im able to watch sky go on all other devices without an issue, its just the Xbox that has this message.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

The new app is not at fault, see earlier posts in this thread for an explanation

@Annie+UK wrote:

The new app is not at fault, see earlier posts in this thread for an explanation

Im not sure I can see what you are refering to?

what has changed from the sky app i used yesterday (that wroked fine and gave me acess for years) to the sky app I have used today that doesnt let me use it?

@Annie+UK wrote:

Look at post #41

Hi @Annie+UK 

I see it now thanks. if you look at my post #47 you will see that i spoke to them and they are still investigating.

The Sky Go Extra option appears to be at a cost which i think is a bit of a slap in the face. We already pay a lot for Sky and its something I asked to be confirmed when i renewed 8 months ago for 18months

Weve had Sky Go Extra for years, if it is no longer on our account then why was it removed without warning?

This message was authored by Ray+Sankey This message was authored by: Ray+Sankey

Re: Sky Go stopped working on Xbox

Do you not get sky go extra if your a vip member? Had sky for over 16 years. 

@Ray+Sankey wrote:

Do you not get sky go extra if your a vip member? Had sky for over 16 years. 

Yes you do as we have it here but I'm not sure how many years you need as we have had Sky for over 25 years

This message was authored by Ray+Sankey This message was authored by: Ray+Sankey

Is your sky go working through an Xbox as normal?

@AlfRom

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

@Ray+Sankey wrote:

Is your sky go working through an Xbox as normal?

My Xbox Series X is working perfectly fine with Sky Go

@caesarome wrote:

@AlfRom

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you sometime tomorrow regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

Thank you

So what do I need to do? Speak to sky tomorrow then and find out if I get it for free or I have to pay for the sky go extra? 

You will need to speak to Sky about getting it added to your account, only they can say if you qualify for it free or that you will have to pay the monthly charge for it.

This message was authored by Wassy This message was authored by: Wassy

Hi,

I've also contacted Sky regarding the recent update too sky. When using my mobile Internet it works fine but when trying to connect via my sky broadband it will not let me log in. It's not just my Skygo app it is affecting but also My Sky app. Everything else is working as normal. Skygo was checked out by someone else who has BT broadband and there's is not affected at all. It appears to me it is a Sky broadband issue. This is since the recent Skygo app update yesterday as the day before I had no problems.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion