Discussion topic: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

This message was authored by steven1981 This message was authored by: steven1981

Re: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

I have been talking to Sky for 3 days now about this issue, they are trying to tell me I need to activate my Sky Go Extra so that it will work on my Xbox One X!!! I told them I do not need to do this, as I have Sky Go which I can stream on 2 devices!! 

Sky Go Extra is also active on my account as I have more than one device connected to it, but they told me I need to call customer services to activate it!! And when I called them, they tried to lure me and make me take out a new package!! 

Its simply a bug in the app, its not working with Xbox One X, they dont want to admit this, and keep saying its some other problem!! Crazy. Report the issue to ypur tech guys and fix this issue please!! I dont want to take out a new contract!! I am quite hapoy with VIP Diamond customer for over 20 years, its been working fine on my Xbox consoles for over 12 years!! Please fix ASAP

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sky go stopped working on Xbox series X

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The old app did not check your account subscriptions properly, the new app fixed this bug so the issue is an account one and NOT an app bug

A Sky Go sub allows two non-console devices this is why you require Sky Go Extra as well as Sky Go

You need to be firm with the telephone support and tell them all you want is Sky Go Extra being sorted out on your account

It is a shame that some support staff are not as good as others with this issue 😞

This message was authored by sy123 This message was authored by: sy123

Re: Sky Go stopped working on my Xbox one.

Xbox one no longer letting me use Sky Go. Days I can't use Sky Go yet. Have used it for many years. What is wrong please?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@sy123 wrote:

Xbox one no longer letting me use Sky Go. Days I can't use Sky Go yet. Have used it for many years. What is wrong please?

I have escalated your post to the Community Messaging Team

Check out the link below that explains the process
Escalating a post to a Sky expert

Note: you have 48 hours to reply once you have the invite (if you don't reply in time your invite will be automatically closed). Once you have replied you might have a little wait for a team member to get back to you
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@sy123 

Do you have Sky Go Extra or Multiscreen on your account ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by sy123 This message was authored by: sy123

No but it was never an issue before? Has this changed?

There was a bug in the system previously whereby accounts like yours that should have had Sky Go Extra on it that didn't was able to use the app without it when this shouldn't have been possible, but with the recent app release on the console as you are now seeing with this new version you do need to have the correct package. Give Sky a call if you want this added to your account so you can use the app on your console.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by spudpage1599 This message was authored by: spudpage1599

The exact same has happened to my account. Still isn't resolved 

This message was authored by spudpage1599 This message was authored by: spudpage1599

I have paid for full access on sky go extra and still it isn't letting me in

This message was authored by lilley1970 This message was authored by: lilley1970

Exactly the same happening with me sky go was working fine last night tried to go on it today on my xbox one x and says i cant use sky go on this device

This message was authored by Lou+Lou+1 This message was authored by: Lou+Lou+1

I have the same issue 

@lilley1970 @Lou+Lou+1 

Do you have Sky Go Extra or Multscreen on your account ?

Yes, I have sky go extra. I've had it for years and have multiple devices on my account

I can see that you do from your previous reply, my post was directed to @lilley1970 and @Lou+Lou+1 .

Well what would be the reason for my denying me access even though I have sky go extra?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion