Discussion topic: Sky go not working (1310 & 1410 error code on PC app)

This message was authored by AwesomeZ This message was authored by: AwesomeZ

Sky go not working (1310 & 1410 error code on PC app)

We recently signed up to Sky Tv, and are enjoying the content on our TV via the nice new small puck settop devices. Howvwe we can't watch any content (except sky news) on the sky Go android app nor on the PC app. The errors are:

Android: "To enjoy this service, please upgrade your subscription"

PC: "You need the revelent sky TV subscription to watch this show, Code: 1410" for live TV, or code 1310 for box sets etc. 

Before you ask, I've moved subscription recently, just join for a first time. Also I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the android app but nothing works.

Thanks in advance, Barry

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky go not working (1310 & 1410 error code on PC app)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What do you mean by  you have "moved subscription" have you gone from Sky Q to Sky Stream ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Sorry, I meant to say that I've NOT moved recently. My bad.

I noticed online that others who reported this issue seem to have moved away from sky and were now returning customers. That is not my situation. I am a new customer.

Thanks

Barry

@AwesomeZ 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to AwesomeZ.

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Hi,

Just to follow up in this. I followed the link yesterday but they didn't reply until this morning, and now it's already 13:10 in the afternoon and all they've done is ask some security questions. There appears to be a 2 hour round trip delay on every message on the instant messenger chat interface... Am I supposed to wait by my phone for days replying to very sparse replies from sky....

This is terrible customer service. Isn't there a phone line I can call where I can actually talk to someone who is actually going to respond?

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Note I'm in the republic of Ireland. 

The number in the "need more help" link is not a valid number in my location.... Of course that was the first thing I've tried days ago before loggin onto this forum.

BTW, its now exactly 2 days on that chat inteface and i've been asked twice to verify my identity as it was such a long time expired between response. I've only just now actually got to the point where I've been able to tell them what my problem is! of course I'm waiting for a response .... maybe in 2 hours tey might respond. Is there any way to speed this up???????????

@AwesomeZ wrote:

Note I'm in the republic of Ireland. 

The number in the "need more help" link is not a valid number in my location.... Of course that was the first thing I've tried days ago before loggin onto this forum.

Have you tried changing the flag at the bottom right of the page to the ROI one ?

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Yes I have. The information provide is simply wrong.

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Another update.

Turn around time on responses from sky now at about 4 hrs and they are now asking stupid pseudo technical questions, like who is our board and provider which is clearly it relevant for sky go which should work on any network. Truly terrible.

This far I've been on the held chat for two whole days. Amazing.

This message was authored by Ancient+Observer This message was authored by: Ancient+Observer

We all know that Virgin service is the worst in the whole comms/tv/data world, So We will not use them - despite the fibre able at our doorstep. Interesting that Sky is now competing with Virgin at the dog and slum end of the market. 

Think we'll stay with our current lot until services are actually delivered

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

• So a good week has passed now and and many many many messages back and forth they have still not sorted the issue.

They've now cancelled/ deleted the issue and I can now longer communicate with them.

Truly bad.

What can I do now?

AwesomeZ
Topic Author

Anybody?

Barry 

@AwesomeZ 

I have asked the messaging team ti get in contact with you again tomorrow as I have mentioned to them that you are still having this issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion