Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by CheshireRed This message was authored by: CheshireRed

Re: Sky go app on Chromebook

* Update *

I had a reponse from Sky Help Centre  saying "...that we are aware of this issue and are currently investigating this with the highest priority to find a resolution. We hope to have a fix out to customers in April (date to be confirmed). "

Watch and wait then.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Great news, our release team have found a way to get a fix out tomorrow 10/03 instead of our next release in April🎊 Please make sure you're using the latest version of ChromeOS on their devices, and have the latest version of Sky Go (v22.2 and above) installed.

If you're having any issues after tomorrow please comment below, and it would also be handy for us to know ;

• Chromebook Make
  • OS version and Sky Go Version
  • Exact steps you complete before the crash
  • Any error messages on screen
  • And, anything else you may feel is relevant to know

Thanks again for your help on this, your examples were really appreciated!

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

@Chloe-W22 

Many Thanks for the update, fingers and toes crossed all goes to plan 

This message was authored by Embo+man This message was authored by: Embo+man

Now just waiting for sky go for windows 11 to be fixed 

This message was authored by Doc+E This message was authored by: Doc+E

Exactly! No word about Sky Go and W11

This message was authored by MRosen This message was authored by: MRosen

I have just started to have the same issue after a chrome of update. Ridiculous that SKY cannot be bothered to resolve this issue. Unacceptable response from SKY 

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

@MRosen 

Updated app  due out tomorrow 

This message was authored by EireAl This message was authored by: EireAl

I'll be cancelling my sports package so, used to watch the golf while the family watched other stuff. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MRosen wrote:

Ridiculous that SKY cannot be bothered to resolve this issue. Unacceptable response from SKY 

I take it you didn't see their post just up the page @MRosen saying that an update to fix this is due to be released tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by smeellyy This message was authored by: smeellyy

I have installed all updates on Chrome and sky go and as of 7.30am on 10/3 it is still not working!

This message was authored by DerbyPerson This message was authored by: DerbyPerson

Not working here either.

I've updated everything that I can and currently am running:

• Device: Lenovo Duet 
  • Chrome OS: Version 99.0.4844.57 (Official Build) (32-bit) 
  • Sky Go: 22.2.1.1 - shows last updated January 27 2022

Like everyone else I've been using my Chromebook to watch Sky and watch my recordings without any issues ever since I got my Chromebook. Then about 1-2 weeks ago it just stopped being able to watch anything. 

I'll check later to see if there's an update to the Sky Go app.

This message was authored by DerbyPerson This message was authored by: DerbyPerson

In terms of the people above talking about Sky Go on Windows11.

I tried that on my system yesterday and it worked without any hitches or issues. 

This message was authored by Doc+E This message was authored by: Doc+E

Just reloaded sky go on my W11 computer and the problem of searching for update and then crashing still persists for me. 

This message was authored by Rich59 This message was authored by: Rich59

Updated everything and chromebook still not loading any sky programmes. Fix didn't work....not that surprised tbh

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

The fix can be implemented at any time today.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion