Discussion topic: Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not launching.

This message was authored by Crawley+Bloke This message was authored by: Crawley+Bloke

Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not launching.

The sky go app will not launch in my Amazon fire tablet. Tried all the suggested fixes but none have cured the problem.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Whatsvalid This message was authored by: Whatsvalid Answer

Re: Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not launchi

Mine has only been down since 19th but cleared cache, data, uninstalled and can't seem to get it to work

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not laun...

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there Crawley+Bloke, we are aware of an issue with Sky Go on Kindle devices. There will be a fix in the next software update of the app. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Crawley+Bloke
Topic Author
This message was authored by Crawley+Bloke This message was authored by: Crawley+Bloke

Re: Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not launchi

Thanks for your reply. Is there any timescale as to when this will happen? It's been out of action for months. 

This message was authored by Domrapha This message was authored by: Domrapha

Re: Sky go app not working on Amazon Fire tablet. Done all the suggested fixes but still not laun...

I have recently brought a Amazon fire 10 tablet downloaded sky go app and it gets to the blue screen and that's it .

Crawley+Bloke
Topic Author

Hi Domrapha. Welcome to being one of many that have this problem and had it for months. Neither Sky or Amazon seem concerned about the problem. I have deleted the app and just waiting for any resolve that may happen. I wouldn't hold your breath though. 

This message was authored by Stephskie2005 This message was authored by: Stephskie2005

Any updates on this yet please? It's still not working. Thanks 

Crawley+Bloke
Topic Author

Hi @Stephskie2005  I've recently bought a new updated fire HD and the Sky go app seems to be working ok at the moment. Regarding older models I'm afraid I have no idea as to weather the problem has been solved. 

This message was authored by Stephskie2005 This message was authored by: Stephskie2005

@Crawley+Bloke Ah brilliant ok thank you that's good to know, I thought as first it might just be because it was such an old tablet until I saw these posts. Perhaps I'll chance getting a new one and hope it works! What one is it you've now got?

Crawley+Bloke
Topic Author

@Stephskie2005 The latest Amazon Fire HD 10. 

This message was authored by Whatsvalid This message was authored by: Whatsvalid

Presume still no fix, mine has now started playing up and won't load and spend more time on to than normal tv.  Thinking about cutting off

This message was authored by Domrapha This message was authored by: Domrapha

Mine is working now and has done for a while 

This message was authored by Whatsvalid This message was authored by: Whatsvalid Answer

Mine has only been down since 19th but cleared cache, data, uninstalled and can't seem to get it to work

This message was authored by Sylvia+Mc This message was authored by: Sylvia+Mc

Same problem.  Cleared cache, uninstalled,  restarted and reinstalled but still not working.  Running amazon fire 5.0

This message was authored by Dee81300 This message was authored by: Dee81300

No one seems to help regarding Sky Go wont open on Fire Tablet 11 - usded to work last year, but no this year.  Have checked all recommendendations, cashe, reinstalling etc. & nothing opens the App. Since this problem has been going for years has anything  happened to fix this please?

This message was authored by ian+mitch This message was authored by: ian+mitch

Sky don't want you to have it on Amazon products even though it's still on Amazon to download, that's why they are ignoring us, couldn't give a monkeys chuff

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion