Discussion topic: Problems with using Sky Go on Chromebooks

This message was authored by mattp96 This message was authored by: mattp96

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Hello, same issue; chromebook version : 98.0.4758.107 lenovo ideal pad duet.

I'm absolutely disappointed about sky go not functioning on my new device (I bought it also to see sky go).

Really really bad service! Hope someone will take into account so many complaints ASAP. 

This message was authored by Shaun123 This message was authored by: Shaun123

Re: Sky go app keeps closing and crashing on chromebook chrome OS issue or sky go app issue?

Joined the Sky Go Beta club,  Beta version still does not work. I seem to remember similar problems years ago with the android version in general, yet Apple users where happily viewing content. 

This message was authored by efcjr This message was authored by: efcjr

Acer spin 513 Chromebook now updated to Version 99.0.4844.57 (Official Build) (32-bit) still no change to sky go force closing.

This message was authored by Shaun123 This message was authored by: Shaun123

Re: Sky go

@TimmyBGood  Your missung the point, Sky is the most expensive content provider yet BT Sport, Netfix and Prime all work flawlessly on Chrome yet SKY Go does not.

To be honest I have used SKY Go for years on many platforms and is it's always suffered with flaws over  time, I mean a month are so ago it messaged me that my broadband was not good enough for the service, SKY broadband Superfast.

If its smaller competitors can offer thier service on Chrome (no matter the market share) its a bad bullet for Sky's reputation.

BTW Sky whilst you fiix the app do something about the poor audio on most platforms.

This message was authored by tartanjle This message was authored by: tartanjle

My Acer has also updated still with an unusable sky go app. 

This message was authored by Kenneth+M This message was authored by: Kenneth+M

Re: Sky go

^^^ @Shaun123 Well said. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for letting us know about Sky Go crashing on your Chromebook device and thanks to all the feedback we believe we have identified the issue. We will be putting in a fix for this in our next Sky Go update due in April (date TBC).

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Smarts25 This message was authored by: Smarts25

@Chloe-W22 

Many thanks for the update,  fingers crossed 

This message was authored by Garyj This message was authored by: Garyj

At last!!!

Fingers crossed 

This message was authored by Darwen+Keith This message was authored by: Darwen+Keith

@Chloe-W22 Thank you Chloe. Will you be confirming the date on this thread when it is known?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Usually when an update is released to fix an issue like this @Darwen+Keith one of two things will happen, either nobody will post again due to the app now working or one or two people will post to say their app is now working, probably the later so just keep an eye on here over the coming weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Will do 

This message was authored by freddieeddie This message was authored by: freddieeddie

@Chloe-W22 

Hi ,If you have found the issue with SKY GO crashing on Chromebooks why do you have to wait until the update in April?

Why can't you fix it straight away?

Also why can't SKY put a statement out and apology to all its customers?

Not impressed!!

This message was authored by Rupert1990 This message was authored by: Rupert1990

Re: Sky go app on Chromebook

Just does not work either bombs me out or returns to me to the display of whats on . It used to work before SKY!! get a grip please. I can like others watch everthing else bt sport etc, netflix etc

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion